Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How can I get my Tots Bots nice and fluffy again?

(21 Posts)
MissGalway Thu 27-Jan-05 09:11:01

I am selling some of my Tots Bots but they are a bit coarse. Any tips on how to get them nice and fluffy again.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 27-Jan-05 09:29:50

when you wash them use vinegar and tumble dry them a bit before hanging out to dry... Also give them a good shake before hanging them to dry. But I doubt they'll return to their pre-used fluffiness.

MissGalway Thu 27-Jan-05 10:10:15

Do I add the vinegar to the final rinse or at the beginning.

misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 10:15:43

final rinse i think. and yes to the tumble dryer!!

lunavix Thu 27-Jan-05 10:17:00

How do you add vinegar to the final rinse?

In the drawer at the top where you put the powder/liquid?

misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 10:17:46

where u would put in fabric conditioner. apparently white/clear is best.

lunavix Thu 27-Jan-05 10:22:14

Think I need a new washing machine....

Theres always a load of watery conditioner left in there, and the non-bio squidgy cubes we use never disolve.

Got my eye on one of those dyson ones...

misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 10:27:45

dyson allergy machine is my choice

MissGalway Thu 27-Jan-05 10:49:30

to add the vinegar to final rinse you just put it in when it is filling with the water to rinse them. You have to time it right though. Its like the fabric conditioner only goes in at the end. Am I talking through my hat here?

lunavix Thu 27-Jan-05 10:54:14

I always add fabric conditioner at the start

How do you know it's on the final rinse? My washing machine doesn't say...

pixiefish Thu 27-Jan-05 10:55:39

white vinegar to the final rinse

MissGalway Thu 27-Jan-05 11:13:09

Yes you add the fabric conditioner at teh start in the drawer but it dosn't go in until the end after the clothes have been washed.

misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 16:10:31

didnt think you should usae fabric conditioner on nappies. so surely the vinegar could go in the fabric conditioner compartment.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 27-Jan-05 16:13:19

was told never to use fabric conditioner as it reduces the nappies absorption.

bensmum3 Thu 27-Jan-05 20:06:25

Hi, Another way of softening nappies is to leave them out in the rain, doesn't make them fluffy again, but does help soften them if you don't use a tumble drier !

lunavix Thu 27-Jan-05 20:07:35

Do they keep softer using a tumble dryer? How long do you put them on for?

I'm thinking if it will keep them soft it might be worth the trek to MILs to dry them, only have radiators and an airer here...

SenoraPostrophe Thu 27-Jan-05 20:10:13

tumble drying is best - only has to be for 15 mins or so when they're nearly dry.

But, lunavix, I don't usually bother and ds is perfectly happy in his.

Laura032004 Fri 28-Jan-05 11:43:28

Hi, I always tumble for 20 minutes at the start, line dry to eradicate stains, and then tumble for 20 mins to check that they are really dry. It makes a huge difference to the nappies. Otherwise (and I use vinegar too), mine would be too rough to use (I mean like cardboard!)

dejags Fri 28-Jan-05 11:44:57

do you get Napisan in the UK? works a treat on mine - they come up sparkling white and good as new.

CarrieG Fri 28-Jan-05 20:47:58

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Napisan attacks velcro...something like that, anyway.

I usually radiator dry mine but I've given them the odd tumble dry when they get a bit 'crunchy'! Seems to do the trick.

mummyhelen Fri 28-Jan-05 21:39:14

I saw a tread on uk parents about using soapnut powder to wash nappies. Apparantly, they leave the nappies beautifully soft and no nasty chemicals for sensitive bots. Info at www.himalayasalt.co.uk. Sorry, can't do links! Probably not a lot of help if your selling them missgalway, but for anyone else who's interested............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now