Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training

(6 Posts)
louisse28 Thu 20-Jan-05 22:33:18

My boy is 21 months. I ask him ALL THE TIME if he has done a poo, and he points to his trousers and tugs on his nappy irrespective of whether he has done a poo or not.
Is this a sign that potty training is near?

collision Thu 20-Jan-05 23:19:07

TBH I wouldnt ask him all the time if he has done a poo as if he hasnt done one then he might think you are disappointed and cross with him. If he does a poo tell him how good he is and that next time he could do it in the potty or toilet. The fact that he points to his trousers show that he knows where the poo could be. Why not get a potty and show him that is where he should do wees and poos and see what happens. I started my ds at 21 months and he was just slightly too young. I stopped and started again at 23 months and we did it in 2 weeks.

Gwenick Thu 20-Jan-05 23:30:28

I on the other hand didn't even start potty training until DS1 was 3 weeks short of his 3rd birthday. It took him almost 1 month to 'grasp' it - and even now - over 1yr later on poos don't always go where they should!

Don't worry if they're not ready yet - it's a fact that most children aren't potty trained until they're 2yrs old and quite a large number are 3! Successful potty training until 2yrs old isn't actually that common

KateandtheGirls Thu 20-Jan-05 23:32:04

If he pulls on hos trousers whether or not he has done a poo I would say he's not ready because he's probably not aware of doing it.

KateandtheGirls Thu 20-Jan-05 23:33:16

What I mean is he knows the word "poo" is associated with his bottom, but that might be the extent of it.

FairyMum Fri 21-Jan-05 07:21:40

They nomally start to wee on the potty first and poo comes second. Personally I have not potty trained my children, just waited until they were ready and one day they took their nappy off and went to the toilet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now