Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

potty question...when??

(5 Posts)
lilsmum Sat 15-Jan-05 23:38:57

when do you start sitting them on potty's to get used to them? dd 11.5 mth, always has a run around of a evening with her clothes off and i am starting to think about the potty, should i put it out now so she gets used to it? and sit her on it a couple of times a week or os?

Fran1 Sat 15-Jan-05 23:57:43

Yes, leave it around for her to get used to.

I used to "offer" for dd to sit on it before bath each night, from about the age of 1. I say offer because she has that independent streak where if i tried to sit her on it she wasn't interested!

After her first "accidental" wee on potty at about 1 1/2 i bought another potty, one upstairs and one downstairs, and let her go rudey nudey as when we were indoors, reminding her about the potty every now and then.

Now dd is nearly two she is virtually trained when indoors (havn't been brave enough to take her out with only knickers yet). But it did take her a while to realise clothes were not nappies, but we have just recently mastered wearing clothes AND remembering to scream wee in a high pitched voice for the potty!

Good luck

serenity Sun 16-Jan-05 01:17:36

DD is 14 mths and I've been scouring the shops for a nice one - I quite like the seat ones as then we leave it in the living room, they sit in it to watch TV etc and it becomes part of the furniture IYSWIM. DD likes to run around with no nappy and if we catch a few wees in it, it will just get her used to the idea of it. We did the same thing with DS1 and DS2.

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 19:52:33

I would definitely reccomend a chair type potty, as they do appear to be much more comfortable, and also more study and stable for when they are levering themselves in and out of it.

lockets Sun 16-Jan-05 19:56:37

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: