Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Rash?

(6 Posts)
Gillian76 Mon 10-Jan-05 23:07:47

We are having trouble with DS and washable nappies. He seems to get a rash "under" his skin, (if you know what I mean) around the legs and waistband.

We are using Tots Bots and non-bio powder (half usual wash amount). Any ideas what might be causing this and how to get rid of it? Apart from using disposables - he is fine in them!

bensmum3 Mon 10-Jan-05 23:37:30

Hi,
what wrap are you using, some people have problems with the bindings on certain wraps.

Kiwicath Tue 11-Jan-05 07:57:25

Gillian, have you just started using them? Sometimes little skins needs to get used to the powders, textures etc. If it's just around the legs and waistband then it's almost definitely the wraps. Change and wash wraps more frequently for a while (by hand is fine) and see if that makes a difference.

Gillian76 Tue 11-Jan-05 16:45:47

We are using Mother ease Rikki wraps. We have just started using them, and change every second nappy change. Should we be changing them every time? Help, we've only got 3!!!

bensmum3 Tue 11-Jan-05 19:56:44

I think it's the motherease bindings that sometimes cause the problems, are you using the right size, I used one that was too tight for ds and it left awful red marks, went to the next size up and have used them happily ever since.

Gillian76 Tue 11-Jan-05 21:17:02

We're using the large. He's 18 months and about (guessing) 24lbs. Could try bigger, I suppose. The marks are not like it's been digging in... it's almost like a heat irritation, little bumps under the skin with reddening of the skin too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now