Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Need advice - getting the idea but a few hurdles

(4 Posts)
gscrym Mon 10-Jan-05 12:16:03

My DS is 29months and I've tried for the last week with potty training. If he doesn't have pants or pull ups on then he doesn't have accidents but he won't take his pants off to go to the potty. I even tried him this morning with just his jammie trousers on and he pulled them down, used his potty then pulled them up.

Just wondering about pointers to get him over this hurdle. If he has pants or pull ups on, he tells me when he's done something in them.

Mum2girls Mon 10-Jan-05 12:40:22

Do I understand this properly - are you saying that if he's running around with no pants on, he'll use his potty, but if he has pants on, he has accidents?

If so, have you tried star charts or a small reward?

gscrym Mon 10-Jan-05 12:55:01

That's right, not one accident. He goes on his potty, tells us he's done a wee or a poo and then carries his potty upstairs to the toilet, waves goodby to the contents and then washes his hands. As soon as I introduce pants, it all goes to pot (no pun intended).
I'm going to start rewarding him for keeping his pants on as he doesn't like them. He's okay with his pull ups but not his proper pants.

LIZS Mon 10-Jan-05 12:57:52

I know a few kids who went commando for a while whilst they got the hang of it. Perhaps pants are too similar to a nappy or pull ups - how about boxers instead ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now