Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Has anyone had a problem with poo bleaching their rainbow bots?

(4 Posts)
mummyhelen Mon 03-Jan-05 21:33:25

Hi, just hoping to pick your brains to see if anyone can answer this one or has had a similar experience.

ds has always had rather loose stools, and over xmas hasw been unwell resulting in more mess than normal. I am really disappointed as where the poo has soaked through the fleece liner or come over the side it has bleached my lovely blue rainbow bots. I don't know whether it is because I soak in white vinegar (only a little in half a bucket of water). I wondered if this could have had some kind of reaction with the poo stains, or whether ds's poo was just very volatile at the time! If it is the vinegar, what else could I use instead of just plain water? I have got about 4 nappies now with horrible grey patches on them. Has anyone else had anything like this?

codswallop Mon 03-Jan-05 21:33:46

lol at this thread title!

mummyhelen Mon 03-Jan-05 21:34:43

I know, I think I will save it to show ds's girfriend when he is 18

ChristinePlushPants Wed 05-Jan-05 12:41:04

I've heard that tea tree oil can do this to rainbow bots but I haven't had it happen with white vinegar. You could always dry pail, with a few drops of lavender oil to help the aroma?

Christine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now