Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

can i go wrong?

(6 Posts)
misdee Sat 01-Jan-05 19:30:28

with tots bots and motherease air flow wraps?

have used them for dd2, but need newborn sizes for bump, will i regret being too organised?

LouiseT Sat 01-Jan-05 21:11:32

I, personally, find Tots Bots too bulky for drying, etc. I've been using a mixture of Motherease Onesize, Easy Peasy Bumble and Terry's squares with the wonderful Motherease wraps.

I didn't use cotton nappies until ds was about 3 months though so don't know how they do for a newborn. Do you still use a liner for a newborn, e.g. fleece?

bensmum3 Sat 01-Jan-05 21:47:28

I have used cloth since ds was 3 days old, I found tots bots quite bulky for the first few weeks and tended to find prefolds and cotton bottom wraps easier,( I bought loads of different types to try) but if you're used to cloth i'm sure you'd be fine with the bulkiness, and you will now how you cope with washing and drying which is always a consideration when choosing a nappy system. Good luck.

misdee Sat 01-Jan-05 21:56:55

i have 4 ways of drying. tumble dryer, radiators, washing line and also a ceiling airer due to go up.

am quite organised most of the time with washing/drying, tho the last few weeks have been awful as dh was in hospital, so went back to dispoables for a fortnight.

Am very tempted by the rainbow bots

would still use liner once past size 1, i belive size 1 come with fleece liners already.

misdee Sun 02-Jan-05 22:09:19

dh has stopped me ordering by reminding me that dd2 grew really quickly and we dont want to be buying size ones if bubs grows quckly, and i have to wait till after baby is born, so we can make a better informed choice based on birth weight, first few weeks of weight gain etc.

ChristinePlushPants Wed 05-Jan-05 12:44:17

Size 2 rainbow bots make a good birth to potty choice as they're made from lighter weight terry than white or unbleached tots bots. My girls were all fairly small (around 7lb born) and were ok in size 1 tots until about 10/11 months so we had plenty of use from ours (and you can sell them on afterwards).

Christine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now