Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wheres the best place to buy re-usuable nappies online?

(22 Posts)
misdee Fri 31-Dec-04 09:31:30

Last items needed for #3 is washable nappies. but wheres the best place? i want to get a couple of different ones to trial and then buy mroe later, but the choice is over whealming. The nappy lady has made some recommendations which i'll dig out later and go through to find some, but where to buy?

fredly Fri 31-Dec-04 12:02:14

Try kittykins.com, they do trial packs with a range of different makes, although a bit pricey IMO.

bensmum3 Sat 01-Jan-05 10:19:47

You can buy second hand nappies on here, or ukp or the nappy lady if you can cope with the idea, lots of people have only tried them once or sometimes even sell unused nappies, it's a good way of trying lots of nappies ( there are just so many) without lots of expence. I've recently answered a wants ad on here as i had some to sell.If you dont fancy 2nd hand cat me as i know somewhere offering 10% discount on all nappies.

budge Mon 03-Jan-05 22:19:03

Your council might be able to put you in touch with someone from the real nappy project who can lend you a number of different types. That makes it much easier to decide what type suits you and will save you possibly spending lots on nappies you don't like.
I bought some second hand ones from ebay which were OK.

julen Tue 04-Jan-05 14:37:35

Ebay is a good place to start; I bought quite a few different ones at good prices - tried them out, decided which ones I liked best and bought a few more. (also at Ebay..)
No problems at all with them being second-hand: they were all very well taken care of!

ChristinePlushPants Wed 05-Jan-05 12:38:39

When you say nappy trials, do you mean buying a few to try out, or hiring a few to try and then returning them? I'm not entirely sure of the rules here, but I run a nappy trial scheme where you can borrow a selection to try at home if it's of interest to you.

Christine

catgirl Wed 05-Jan-05 12:48:03

I used www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk and also www.eco-babes.co.uk - I think both do trial packs and both have lots of useful information.

throckenholt Wed 05-Jan-05 13:04:43

ukparents.co.uk has a second hand nappy forum that is good for picking up ones for trying to figure out what works for you.

Also twinkleontheweb is good.

frogs Wed 05-Jan-05 13:09:47

misdee, if you still want the kooshies, email me your address again, and I'll put them in the post. Instead of sending money to me, could you make a donation for the cost of the nappies and postage to the Disasters Emergency Committee for the tsunami victims?

CarrieG Wed 05-Jan-05 13:38:25

I got mine from Christine @ PlushPants (above) - VERY pleased with all the helpful advice & the nappies are great.

She did me a trial pack of various types to try & return - which were 'as new' until my idiot dh washed them at some ridiculous temperature with a red fleece blanket. I paid for those (could hardly return them in that state!) & bought some more & they've been excellent.

Definitely recommended!

leahbump Wed 05-Jan-05 13:41:28

www.babykind.co.uk

new business set up in wales that seeks to make reuasbles very affordable. They are fairly cheap....and offer good support after purchase.

also do trial packs etc etc...

have CAT you.

Pagan Wed 05-Jan-05 13:55:33

Try here

nappy lady

You can buy new ones or there are loads in the classifieds.

misdee Thu 06-Jan-05 20:47:24

well i impulse bought a starter pack of cotton bottoms, and now need to sort out how pre-folds work. the nappy seems huge and i cant see how i can fold it to make it fit into the wrap!

argh!!!

fredly Thu 06-Jan-05 21:07:21

have you washed them ? they shrink after you do

misdee Thu 06-Jan-05 21:08:24

i was gonna ask if they shrink. will go wash them in the next few days. thank goodness i can claim all but £5 back from the council for this pack

root Thu 06-Jan-05 21:17:02

i've been using prefolds - they do get a bit smaller, but it's always a bit of a struggle to fit them in the pants. i reckon the shaped terry/fleece nappies are much better though. the prefolds seem good value but they're not that good with poo - it always leaks onto the wrap.

chocolatecath Thu 06-Jan-05 21:17:58

I used http://www.thebuzzness.co.uk/ and found Gwen (who runs it) really helpful. And my orders always came the next day. P&P free! I was very impressed.

misdee Thu 06-Jan-05 21:19:39

tbh dd2 still doesn yukky poo's, and i have about the same amount of wraps as nappies here for her, so its something i can cope with.

must...... stop........ buying.........

starlover Fri 07-Jan-05 16:22:02

i got mine from www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
It's a very informative site, and they do trial packs if you wanna try some out first.

Kiwicath Fri 07-Jan-05 20:31:04

Kittykins.co.uk for me. Great user friendly website, lots of piccies, free pp and excellent service.

KMS Sat 08-Jan-05 20:14:02

I went to teamlollipop and found an advisor local to me. she was really helpfull and had some I could try before I bought any. Well worth a look as they also have a forum that you can get some advise and you can buy online if you prefer

samwifewithkid Thu 13-Jan-05 22:33:56

I use www.earthlets.co.uk

Have always provided a good service and I have no complaints about them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now