Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Are Toodle Loos any good? (folding travel loo seat)

(11 Posts)
alysonpeaches Wed 12-Mar-08 17:57:27

Has anyone got a toodle loo ? Its the toddlers toilet seat that folds into 4 for travelling. I thought it seemed like a good idea, but I dont want the kids getting their bum trapped in the hinge parts! I would like to know from someone who has used one whether they are worth it.

bran Wed 12-Mar-08 18:03:37

I have one and it was ok. There's no danger of trapped skin because of the way the hinge is structured. DS didn't really like using toddler seats though and learned to balance on a full-sized seat quite early on so we didn't use the Toodle-loo much.

I didn't use it at home at all because DS, being a boy, needed a seat with a raised bit at the front to stop him from peeing forwards. The few times that we used the Toodle-loo I had to keep reminding him to push his willy down.

imblet Wed 12-Mar-08 18:35:23

I was given one and have not got on with it very well. It only seems to fit some loos and it has actually fallen into the loo if the toilet is the wrong shape. We have given up using it and go out with a padded toddler seat that DD feels much more comfortable and safe on.

PrettyCandles Wed 12-Mar-08 18:36:53

Yes it was worthwhile for out-and-about, but you have to lift the child on and be prepared to hold them, as it doesn't fit all toilets very well. Folds compact and doesn't pinch in the hinges. I used it for ds1 and dd, and still have it for ds2, so a good buy.

MyMummiesAScummyMummy Wed 12-Mar-08 18:42:49

I think the only strong point of the toodle loo is that its easily portable. Otherwise I did'nt get on well with it.I can second imblet it will slip and slide all over the toilet seat, not reassuring for your dc! and also my ds would pee over the top of it.
If you find anything better please let me know, i'am currently in the process of potty training dd2!

alysonpeaches Fri 14-Mar-08 14:02:03

Im wondering whether to get one of those padded seats and take that with us when we go away for Easter, just to see how we get on. I must confess as we have done so well with the potty I havent bothered putting her on the toilet, but no doubt it will be necessary next week.

We had a hard plastic seat insert for our boy but it was a bit wobbly. He also forgot to put his willy down ...

At home we have one of those two part adult toilet seats with a child seat built in. Its good, but not necessarily any better for boys who spray all over.

PrettyCandles Fri 14-Mar-08 14:13:10

I found the two-part seat excellent for ds1 (as long as he remembered to point down), but useless for dd - who sprayed all over.

If you don't mind taking a bulky seat along, the Baby Bjorn one is excellent because it adjusts to fit the seat, so it will fit virtually any toilet seat. Ds1 and dd found it comfortable.

Bramshott Fri 14-Mar-08 14:16:02

I found it brilliant - particularly for a holiday we went on when DD1 was 2.5 as it folds so small.

BabiesEverywhere Sat 15-Mar-08 09:44:41

I thought the toodle loo seat looked at bit flimsy, so I went for an USA padded version here

My DD finds it very comfortable and it fits nicely in our change bag.

ellen15 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:42:51

My sister-in-law uses one and it seems pretty hit and miss most of the time. I've converted her onto the travelloo and she just pops a couple in her handbag if they're out and about. I keep mine in the glove compartment and they are perfect when you're stuck on the M1! Even better when its raining and you can't face getting them out of the car and hovering them over the ditch!:-).They work better the older they get tho-my youngests 2, but wouldn't use them on younger than this really.

ellen15 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:43:35

My sister-in-law uses one and it seems pretty hit and miss most of the time. I've converted her onto the travelloo and she just pops a couple in her handbag if they're out and about. I keep mine in the glove compartment and they are perfect when you're stuck on the M1! Even better when its raining and you can't face getting them out of the car and hovering them over the ditch!:-).They work better the older they get tho-my youngests 2, but wouldn't use them on younger than this really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now