Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Weeing in day again aged 4! Please help!

(8 Posts)
tigger32 Thu 04-Oct-07 12:27:49

Ds1 has just turned 4 and has started to wet himself everyday between 1 and 4 times!
Just has lunch and it happened but i don't no why sad
This was the run up to lunch:
I said, lunch is ready can you go to loo and wash your hands
He said, have just been
We start lunch, he dances (his wee dance)
I said, Do you need a wee?
Him, no
Me, ok
Still dancing so i say i'll come with you if you need to go.
Him, don't need to
5 mins later
Him, i need a wee
Me, ok off you go
He goes to loo takes a long time, so i go check it out, he is putting loo roll in his pants as they are wet!! As are his trousers!
I don't understand why this is happening, i'm now getting really wound up about it and my washing has over doubled! Can anyone give me some advice please!!
Sorry for rambling on.

laundrylover Thu 04-Oct-07 12:31:07

Tigger - has he just started school? DD1 is at pre school and has had a couple of accidents despite being dry since 18 months old! It seems her mind is on other things as she is soooo busygrin. I am not making a big deal out of it and just say 'put them in the wash and get some dry ones'. Seems better this week anyway. It's a pain but hope it doesn't last long for you.

tigger32 Thu 04-Oct-07 12:40:18

No he hasn't started school (he is a september bday so missed it). He has started a new preschool but has only been 6 times as they are easing them in! Maybe he doesn't like being at home with me!!

Spockle Thu 04-Oct-07 13:09:06

Do take a urine sample (or your whole boy!)to the GP; he may have a urine infection, and may be holding on b/c it stings. It's less common in boys that girls but still a possibility.

WidgetWB Thu 04-Oct-07 13:24:44

Was about to start a new thread when I saw this one! DS1 is just over 3 and a half and has sudddenly started wetting his pants again, sometimes completely and sometimes just becuase he hasn't got to the loo in time even though i had asked him a hundred times - exactly the same as you Tigger! I have just collected him from Preschool and he was wearing someone elses trousers because he wet his again! He has been dry since he was two, I just don't know what to do! I was so furious i sent him to his room instead of watching a dvd and he doesn't seem to care. i really dont' know what to do either - please help me too?? someone must have some proper ideas and also ideas on how to cope with it - should i be cross, should i ignore, should i punish - please HELP ME TOOO!!!!!

laundrylover Thu 04-Oct-07 13:42:02

Gosh they are easing them in slowly - it's October!! I reckon it'll be linked to this. Give him another week before taking drastic sticker chart actiongrin.

tigger32 Fri 05-Oct-07 10:35:41

Thanks for messages, I am going to take a wee sample into doctors today! He is at nursery this morning so i will see if he comes home wet or dry???
I have complained at nursery about the hours or lack of them up they say i'm the only parent who is bothered!!!

The whole weeing thing is very upsetting isn't it spockle? I try to stay calm but always up saying no tv, or games with mummy now until you can be dry for a whole morning or afternoon! Thats not working though is it?!

tigger32 Fri 05-Oct-07 10:36:47

oops meant widgetwb, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now