Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Imse blojan nappies....?

(11 Posts)
pamplemousse Wed 26-Sep-07 19:33:52

Have been given some of these.....
How the heck do they stay on?!!!!
Help!

chipmonkey Wed 26-Sep-07 19:47:41

It seems that you are supposed to use the wrap to secure them but you would need a tight fitting wrap! Will they fasten with a nippa?

pamplemousse Wed 26-Sep-07 20:11:34

Oooh thats a scary thought! Going to have to be a very well fitting wrap. No a nippa would 'bite' into the fabric, they are smooth ish cotton, not towelling. My woolley wraps might do it, but how to get it to stay in place while wrestling wrap on.....?!

chipmonkey Wed 26-Sep-07 21:03:59

Sounds like an extra pair of arms might be required all right!grin

curlywurlycremeegg Wed 26-Sep-07 21:32:09

I have heard them discribed as a shaped prefold, so guessing that yes it is the wrap that holds it in place. That said you can nippa a cotton prefold so it may be worth giving that a try hmm

fingerwoman Wed 26-Sep-07 21:40:48

you could pin them. try a nippa though, it might just work

tissy Wed 26-Sep-07 22:01:05

if they are the flannelette Imse Wimses, Nippas won't work, but a pin will!

We used them with Imse Wimse Bumpy wraps(without a pin), and they were great, but not absorbent enough after a few months.

Top tip: try and tuck the fabric around the legs inwards- it helps contain the poo!

tissy Wed 26-Sep-07 22:03:07

there is a diagram here which shows how to put them on with the wrap

pamplemousse Wed 26-Sep-07 23:02:24

Hmmm!
Thanks tissy that was a helpful link, though mine are older than that. They have no leg gussets and I am seriously considering not using them because of this, my little one seems to need gussets to get any nappy to fit her. Plus she is extremely wriggly and pins scare the cr*p out of me!! The nippa definately won't hold em. I can see escaped poo and I'm not looking forward to that!

tissy Thu 27-Sep-07 09:42:21

we had the nappies without leg gussets (five yrs ago now)-, and believe me they are great for a tiny baby, just not up to a heavy wetter! If you don't have Bumpy wraps (which do have a gusset)to go with them, then just secure with 1 or 2 nappy pins.

We also found the TotsBots Redwrap pretty effective.

preggersagain Thu 27-Sep-07 11:17:06

have to say i find mine pretty bomb-proof when used with a bumpy wrap- love em!! but not for full time use!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now