Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

i might be mad but

(7 Posts)
ratclare Wed 26-Sep-07 16:09:35

i was flicking through the lakeland catalogue and they are selling thick bamboo cloths pack of 5 for £1.99 and i wondered would a cloth 48 by 40 cms be big enough to fold for a newborn ,in which case these would be an absolute bargain to use as nappies ,under a wrap of course .

LizaRose Wed 26-Sep-07 16:20:20

Newborn terries are 40x40 aren't they? Sounds like they might be ok.

NappiesGalore Wed 26-Sep-07 16:25:37

along the same sort of lines...

have just noticed merino wool pull-ups in jojomamanbebe catalogue which,if lanolised, would surely do as wool nappy covers for nightime... cheaper than other shorties, no?
course, not as cheap as knitting your own, but i cant knit so...

ratclare Wed 26-Sep-07 16:30:10

they look unbleached too , i just thought if someone was a bit strapped for cash these would make a great stop gap , plus alot of size one nappies drown little newborns

littlekiwibaby Wed 26-Sep-07 17:00:00

those merino trousers look gorgeous, and I guess they'd dye nicely too in the right pair of hands!
the bamboo cloths would be perfect for a newborn, and would make lovely boosters too!
well spotted!

katwith3kittens Wed 26-Sep-07 21:53:26

I've just bought some bamboo cloths from tesco ( x10 but cant remember how much they cost, but wasnt ridiculous).

Hadnt thought of using as a booster,as I intended to use them for housework LOL !!! but maybe worth a go in a nappy ...

the only thing is it says 'hand rinse and re-use' so might not survive a spin cycle.

Sazisi Wed 26-Sep-07 22:16:21

I've seen some nice wool pants in Zara too, think they were about 12 Euros; it hadn't occured to me that they might be good for nappy purposes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now