Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Horrid, horrid nappy rash

(15 Posts)
Loopymumsy Mon 24-Sep-07 20:03:35

Message withdrawn

TheMadHouse Mon 24-Sep-07 20:04:33

I found meltanium helped mine

lomondgal Mon 24-Sep-07 20:05:24

Bepanthen is the best cream I have come across.

LizaRose Mon 24-Sep-07 20:06:38

Our solution: Metanium, bourette silk liner, lots of nappy-free time. A good long soak in the bath seems to help too. And Weleda nappy cream at every change when not sore.

watling Mon 24-Sep-07 20:06:51

Message withdrawn

PillockOfTheCommunity Mon 24-Sep-07 20:06:54

My ds1 had bad nappy rash that blistered, his was triggered by a dairy intolerance. We used bepanthen and Metanium, Kamillosan helped, but nothing would clear it until we cut out dairy

lomondgal Mon 24-Sep-07 20:07:29

www.bepanthen.co.uk/survey/index.php

Try it, it works! Always found sudocrem pretty useless. Hope it gets better soon, is she very cross with it?

cupcakes Mon 24-Sep-07 20:07:37

The only thing that worked for dd2 were steroids from the doctor - Timodine was the best.

At other times I use Fullers Earth Cream.

funnypeculiar Mon 24-Sep-07 20:07:43

agree with meltanium. But actually found vaseline almost better than anything. Ds had recuring nappy rash until we stopped using sudocream, which seemed to make it worse hmm. CAn you do a nappy off time everyday (eg spend an extra 30 mins playing in the bathroom before bathtime?)

Loopymumsy Mon 24-Sep-07 20:42:47

Message withdrawn

LizaRose Mon 24-Sep-07 20:49:00

Do you use a wool or fleece night wrap? That helps to keep them drier. And obviously if it doesn't improve after a couple of days you may need to see your GP (but you know that anyway).

Notquitegrownup Mon 24-Sep-07 20:57:52

Start with Metanium. You only need the tiniest amount. I was given a tube as a birth present by a very wise friend, and I always try to give friends a tube now, with the baby gifts! We only used it a few times, but it was worth its weight in gold!

littlekiwibaby Mon 24-Sep-07 21:11:46

do you use jarred baby food? My littlest 2 can't tolerate any jarred food at all and when it comes out the other end it literally burns and blisters them. I know it's the food as when they went a couple of days with only home cooked the blistering and reddening didn't happen.
When it did I coated the bad bits with sudocrem, and I mean coated so it was thick and white. I changed extra nappies, and used only flannels and water ( still do) and it went within a couple of days.
Another trigger or mine is fleece liners. and bamboo nappies- they can have bamboo boosting but not on their skin.
And yes vaseline works too,

lizandlulu Mon 24-Sep-07 21:21:34

have you ruled out thrush? its just a thought. my dd had what i thought was nappy rash and sudocream and metanium wern't touching it. it was just like a blistery rash and was starting to get worried. i was talking to a friend about it at playgroup when a lovely lady overheard and said it could be thrush.
i was so ashamed that my poor baby had it, but tried some canestan nappy rash cream and it was gone in a couple of days.

sorry to butt in, but it was just a thought.

claireybee Tue 25-Sep-07 16:53:57

My dd always gets a rash when she is teething (usually triggered by a poo). Sudocreme wasn't touching it, nor was bepanthen so tried metanium and it worked-healed within 3 days using that. Another time Canesten worked, the only prob i found with that is it works on treating the rash but doesnt act as a barrier cream so an overnight nappy or a poo will irritate her again, undoing all the good of the canesten. Sooo in the days when she is pooing frequently (usually the day the rash appears and for one or 2 days before and after) I use metanium cream at every nappy change, then when she is pooing at a normal rate use canesten during the day and metanium for the night nappy.
DD's last rash wasn't healing properly so i washed her nappies, wipes and liners as usual, then soaked overnight in nappy soak before washing again at 60-put her in nature baby disposables while doing it. Seemed to do the trick as the rash hasnt come back since doing it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now