Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Has anybody tried little lamb nappies?

(18 Posts)
turtle23 Sat 22-Sep-07 18:36:19

I'm only 14 weeks, so am just beginning to look at what's out there. Came across this site little lamb and this looked like quite a good deal if you buy the package. Thought I'd ask around before ordering a sample. Any advice gratefully received!

LizaRose Sat 22-Sep-07 18:55:48

Not used them myself, but there is a review site here. HTH.

turtle23 Sat 22-Sep-07 19:18:10

Thank you! What a help! smile

horsemadgal Sun 23-Sep-07 00:01:39

I love them, cheap and cheerful. Lasted well for us. Velcro can become quite bobbled but no more than any other nappy I reckon.

The bamboo ones are even more gorgeous, so soft and snuggly, but do take a long time to dry. I can't comment on how they will last as my son grew out of the one I had before I could use it much! So wish they would come in size 3's (the new size 2 fitted him until he was about 3 1/2!)

Wraps are ok, but I preferred Motherease wraps.

HTH, M x

turtle23 Sun 23-Sep-07 09:26:51

Thanks! They're looking like a winner at this point.

turtle23 Mon 24-Sep-07 13:09:30

Am giving up. Am going with disposables.

tutu100 Mon 24-Sep-07 13:47:35

don't if you breastfeed you will regret it. Disposibles do not contain bf poo at all. They end up covered from head to toe (I speak from experience). Cloth are much better IMO wink. Why are you going to use disposibles.

turtle23 Mon 24-Sep-07 13:51:56

Why? Because there are too many to try, too many people saying one is best then the next says don't use that one under ANY circs...Exhausted by the options!

daisyandbabybootoo Mon 24-Sep-07 13:53:36

I love my little lambs grin. they are the only cloth nappy that successfully contains DDs explosive poo. I just wish they did a nippa version rather than velcro.

turtle.....you could always try out some of the nappy trial schemes to see how you get on with them rather than dismissing the idea out of hand. It also lets you try out various types before commiting to one system. It is confusing, but if you look in the small business ads on here there are a few nappy sellers and they all give you individual tailored advice.

I'm relatively new to cloth and i think it's the best thing I've ever done.

GreebosWhiskers Mon 24-Sep-07 13:58:05

Why are you giving up turtle23? Is it 'cos there's too much choice? I made an appointment with a lollipop adviser who had a questionnaire about our lifestyle, washing/drying facilities etc & was able to recommend nappies based on our answers. She was lovely & we're now good friends & both belong to our local Real Nappy Network. Or has someone put you off? When I decided to switch to cloth my mum was less than impressed & tried to talk me out of it - she now thinks cloth nappies are fab & is happy to tell this to anyone who will listengrin Please take a look at the real nappy campaign website & you'll be able to find out if there are any networks in your area - they may offer incentive schemes.

To answer your OP - I have one little lamb which was lovely (especially the fleecy liner)& it's lasted okay for dd & ds so far.

GreebosWhiskers Mon 24-Sep-07 14:00:30

Oh and some of the nappy schemes have trial kits that you can hire for a couple of weeks too. We've just got funding to put together trial packs to sell so we'll hopefully be selling about £50 of nappies & accessories for half the usual price Also we have a deal with the local credit union for a special low-rate nappy loan

StrawberryMartini Mon 24-Sep-07 14:02:08

I started off with Little Lamb - the nappies fitted well but the wraps didn't - leading to quite a lot of leakage. I ended up buying motherease wraps. But I do think their package deal is pretty good.

turtle23 Mon 24-Sep-07 14:22:40

I have decided on about 5 different kinds that I wanted to try, had asked around and was told horror stories about all of them at the same time as being told they were all great. My main reason for considering cloth was price, as I have decided to be a full-time SAHM. I have contacted a nappy advisor, but am still waiting to hear from her as I think she's very busy. Also, I suppose it makes a huge difference as to whether you have a skinny minny or a great big chubby thing!! Haven't dismissed it entirely. Just confused.

LizaRose Mon 24-Sep-07 15:23:05

Have you tried contacting Flame, she's a MNer and nappy retailer who offers tailored advice.

GreebosWhiskers Mon 24-Sep-07 15:26:15

There's someone selling a bundle of different kinds here (although the Ellas House is no longer available which is sad 'cos they're fab). Something like that would give you a chance to see what you like & you could sell any that you didn't get on with.

turtle23 Mon 24-Sep-07 15:33:39

Thank you for all your kind advice...have sent an email to flame begging help. I still have 6 months (today! smile) to work it out. Just am the kind of person who packs 3 weeks before a holiday and not even knowing what form of nappy I will use is irritating!!

horsemadgal Mon 24-Sep-07 17:00:30

turtle23, you will always get loads of conflicting advise about cloth nappies because all babies suit different things. As you say depends if chubby or slim etc.
If I was you I'd get one of each of the ones you like the look of (second hand if possible). Buy some disposables to keep you going and see what suits baby when he/she arrives.
Once you know what suits then you can splash out.
Good luck, M x

tutu100 Mon 24-Sep-07 17:58:11

I do think the range of nappies available is confusing, but it is also fun!

If you can get an advisor to help you make a choice then great, but as several other people have said you will always get a variety of opinions on each nappies because different ones suit different shapes and also it depends on the person who changes the baby's nappies preference as well. I prefer popper fastenings but my partner prefers applix.

I have also found that different types of nappy have suited my ds at different times. I like trying different types and sell on what I don't get on with to fund other nappies that way I haven't really made any costly mistakes. However if I had just bought 1 set of nappies and didn't have the inclination to try any others I wuold have stuck to them.

If you look at disposibles you will also find varying opinions on them. My friend wuold only use pampers on her dd as other brands leaked however I have found on the rare occasion I have used pampers they have been rubbish and huggies have coped better. So different babies get on better with different brands.

In a nutshell though, I have some size 2 little lambs which were great for ds and if we have another baby (which we hope to) I will probably buy their size one cotton nappy deal. I love their bamboo nappies, but unfortunately don't have the drying facilities for them. Hope some of this helps, I'm just gabbling now.

Please post again if you need more advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now