Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training - reassurance needed

(11 Posts)
Justaboutmanaging Sat 22-Sep-07 10:30:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bigdonna Sat 22-Sep-07 17:59:04

i would not put him back in nappies .does he go at same time everyday.i used to look after a girl who would hide behind my shed at approx 4 everyday so i would put tv on,put her on the potty and she got a jelly tot for a poo.alot of kids take longer with poos i think u just have to watch around the time he normally gos.hope its some help

Justaboutmanaging Sun 23-Sep-07 12:56:37

bigdonna Mon 24-Sep-07 13:21:26

i would just persevere and try and catch him does he like the big toilet!!! or do u think he likes all the attention because of having a new baby.

Justaboutmanaging Tue 25-Sep-07 18:04:02

bossybritches Tue 25-Sep-07 18:12:21

OP the nursery can NOT ask you to go back to nappies FGS!!
That's just being lazy.

He's doing fine & yes he'll sort it out himslef, just give lots of praise when he does do it & don't make a fuss when he has an accident (which I'm sure you are doing!)he'll get there in the end, bless him. A lot of boys are later than 3.5 when they finally "get it" so you're doing great.

tizzwhizz Tue 25-Sep-07 18:40:19

I think he sounds like he is doing really well.
We started ds at beginning of august and this week he has only just got the hang of not weeing in his pants. Previously he only used potty when bare bummed. So I think your ds is doing great.

Have you spoken to manager of the playgroup because that isnt right. Our playgroup is very supportive of whatever way you want to potty train whether its pants or pull ups.

Would stick to what you want to do.

Justaboutmanaging Wed 26-Sep-07 13:53:50

Justaboutmanaging Wed 26-Sep-07 15:10:39

bossybritches Fri 28-Sep-07 14:20:26

How's things today justy?

Tummy settled yet?

Justaboutmanaging Sat 29-Sep-07 15:35:53

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now