Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is this normal, and I can ignore it and it won't come back to haunt me?

(5 Posts)
Weegle Fri 21-Sep-07 18:29:49

DS is 15.5 months and in the last fortnight when he needs a wee he pats his nappy area and goes and bangs on the loo door (if we are at home, oviously). If he needs a poo he goes in to the hallway and pats his nappy. He then does the wee/poo very soon after. I wasn't expecting "signs" so soon and am worrying that if I ignore this I have missed a window to potty train but at the same time I had no intention of trying to potty train him when he can't talk or take his own trousers down! Is this normal and not a sign that he is ready? None of his peers are doing it. Or do I need to encourage it? Also, I tried sitting him on a potty a while back when he had terrible nappy rash so I was trying to air him whilst saving my floors and he had complete metdown.

belgo Fri 21-Sep-07 18:32:02

my dd did something similar at the age of 18months. I encouraged her and she was potty trained within about two weeks.

BabiesEverywhere Fri 21-Sep-07 19:08:00

Go for it

Try leaving a potty out for him to play with and practice sitting on and get a toilet insert seat for the big toilet.

When he 'signs' pop him on either the big toilet or potty and see what he does.

Weegle Sat 22-Sep-07 18:20:39

ok I'll give it a go! It's not like I won't need those things anyway even if it doesn't happen yet. Thanks for your replies.

BabiesEverywhere Sat 22-Sep-07 19:57:05

Let us know what happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now