Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Where do you all stash your cloth nappies?

(26 Posts)
SpongebobControlpants Fri 21-Sep-07 15:52:13

Now that I've finally got into the swing of full-time cloth (well, the odd disposable here and there, too...) am struggling with where to stash all the dry ready-to-use nappies.

DD is still in our bedroom, along with changing table/bath combo (soon gave up on using the bath as it's a bugger to empty out). Not much space on the 2 shelves for cloth nappies, due to bath bit taking up so much room.

I'd like a separate recepticle for nappies, but wondered what everyone else uses? Those nappy stacker thingies from mothercare etc? Any other fab ideas for something small-ish that could subsequently be used for something else?

TIA

lailasmum Fri 21-Sep-07 15:53:59

Wicker baskets work quite well, or how about a laundry basket style thing.

castille Fri 21-Sep-07 16:03:50

I was going to buy a basket, but until I do (which I won't now, because it's fine how it is, in fact) mine are stacked in piles on the floor of the wardrobe, which isn't that low as there are drawers under it, if you'll excuse the punwink.

nappyzone Fri 21-Sep-07 16:03:59

mine just float about in the ironing basket which is as high as ben nevis at the moment!

CarGirl Fri 21-Sep-07 16:08:47

I have clear plastic drawer unit on wheels - 6 drawers, the deep drawers fit in nappies standing up IYSWIM. So 2 deep drawers for nappies & wraps, shallow draw at the top for cream, cotton wool, nippers, baby wipes etc Other draw has toys in it and the other deep drawer grobags!

On the top I have my rubbish bin and a little tub of water for bottom cleaning!

tassisssss Fri 21-Sep-07 16:10:09

basket here

SpongebobControlpants Fri 21-Sep-07 16:13:38

Cargirl - do you mean one of those Argos-type thangs?

I did think of getting one of those.... nappies in top drawer(s) so don't have to bend very far!

CarGirl Fri 21-Sep-07 16:15:33

yes think it was from Argos, I have skinny drawer at top (out of reach from little ones), then 3 deep drawers then 1 or 2 skinny ones at the bottom. Fab it's great because you can see what's in each drawer I can get 12 size 2 shaped nappies at a squash per deep drawer, 10 with ease!

Flamesparrow Fri 21-Sep-07 16:41:23

Big overflowing box in the corner of the dining room

spugs Fri 21-Sep-07 18:21:28

i have a large pampers cardboard box from my pampers days! keep the fuzzis i use on my 17 mth old in that. use a pampers wipes box but put reusable ones in. saying that have 2 draws full of 1st sized nappies grin

professorplum Fri 21-Sep-07 18:32:45

I've got a small plastic bin with a lid from ikea

LazyLinePainterJane Fri 21-Sep-07 18:34:14

I use the top drawer in a chest.

MrsBadger Fri 21-Sep-07 18:51:53

chest of drawers
top drawers - muslins, nappy bags, massage oil, sudacrem etc
next drawer - clothes that fit
next drawer - nappies & wraps
next drawer - clothes to grow into
next drawer - bedding
bottom drawer - crap

had originally thought changing mat would go on top of said chest of drawers but has ended up on the floor in front of it, next to a wicker basket of wipes and the nappy bucket.

Could you take the bath bit out to give you more space?

UniSarah Fri 21-Sep-07 20:56:11

Cheast of drawers and change top was always in boys room even when he was in ours, nappies in bottom drawer, wipes in tub on top, cream/liners/nippas etc in top drawer
on holiday I use a small sports holdall.

SpongebobControlpants Fri 21-Sep-07 21:24:06

Can't take bath bit out, cos then the whole thing's a bit wobbly with the changing mat on top, i.e the bath gives it a bit of stability IYSWIM.

Like that chest MrsB, already have smaller version of same for DD but tis full of clothes and, as you say, crap! Suppose I could re-organise it and put nappies in top drawer...

Thanks all!

bookthief Fri 21-Sep-07 21:27:02

I just bung them all in this from IKEA. I like that I can see what's in there which helps when delving for that elusive last wrap...

UniSarah Fri 21-Sep-07 21:56:17

Can you replace teh bath with a peice of 3/4 inch ply wood to give you a more solid and usefull shelf

phdlife Fri 21-Sep-07 21:58:40

I bought a hanging fabric thingy from Ikea, it has 7 sections, I just roll the nappies and shove them in.

(if I was feeling cleverer I'd find the pic for you but I'm not. sorry.)

fihi Fri 21-Sep-07 22:03:06

a big wicker basket with a lid. i must be gettin ocd cos i have to fold them ready to use before putting them inhmm

fihi Fri 21-Sep-07 22:03:07

a big wicker basket with a lid. i must be gettin ocd cos i have to fold them ready to use before putting them inhmm

chipmonkey Fri 21-Sep-07 23:02:04

I found that once ds3 was about 18 months all the nappies had to be stored up high, otherwise he would fling them all into the bath or the toilet!. So I got a nappy stacker from ebay. Does the job!

SpongebobControlpants Sat 22-Sep-07 15:58:52

fihi - I do that too! Partly in the hope DH will give the cloth nappies a go.... I think he's on the brink, and if I have them all folded, I might just convert him fully.

Sarah - can't be bothered with customising bath/shelf thingy to be honest. It's on its last legs (castors!) anyway, as it's been passed to us from someone else.

TheApprentice Sat 22-Sep-07 16:02:59

Ikea do plastic containers with plastic hook things on them especially designed to hang from your changing table. You get a pack with 2 containers in - one is quite deep with a lid, and one is more shallow with a lid with a sort of well in it which you can put water in.

I have two of these sets, theyre brilliant, all ds's nappies, liners etc are in them.

Flamesparrow Sat 22-Sep-07 19:42:50

those look quite good too (Don't think they are the ones you meant

CarGirl Sat 22-Sep-07 20:27:48

I had some of those ikea things apprentice when I had the basic ikea changing table they were absolutely brill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now