Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Idiot potty cleaning question

(7 Posts)
Tangle Thu 20-Sep-07 13:51:10

We're thinking of letting DD sit on a potty when we change her nappy. I get that you chuck the contents down the loo, but what do you do after that? Run it under the shower? the tap? do you need to sterilise it? how often? how about the basin and/or shower tray?

Never done this before blush - help!

kitsandbits Thu 20-Sep-07 13:52:11

I just throw DSs in the dishwasher.

joke wink

i just wash it with fairy liquid in the bath - before i wash the bath.

fawkeoff Thu 20-Sep-07 13:52:45

i used to swill mine out in the garden near the grid with a bucket of warm soapy water...then dettol it

belgo Thu 20-Sep-07 13:54:23

I clean it using toilet paper and liquid soap, then run under the shower. Wouldn't use the sink.

lol kitsandbits. Sounds like a great idea to me...

yaddayah Thu 20-Sep-07 13:55:41

We used (well ok dc's used.. not me obviously) a baby bjorn little one (so after flushing contents down the loo, you could stick the potty at an angle then flush again .. got rid of majority, then swilled with soapy water (again down the loo,) wiped with a cleaning wipe and done

witchandchips Thu 20-Sep-07 14:02:48

put water in potty and swill around. Then put down loo. Take wipe to rub off remaining stains and put down loo. Rinse out potty with hot water. Every now and again give potty proper clean.

moonmother Thu 20-Sep-07 14:13:03

My ds is now dry during the day and using the toilet ,but still uses the potty at night time,so I pour contents down the loo ,then swill it out with hot water from the shower,pouring water down the loo,then put a small amount of toilet cleaner in it,fill with hot water and leave it to soak for a while before rinsing and leaving to dry.

When he was using potty during the day,just swilled and rinsed ,but cleaned it properly,as above at least once a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now