Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I desperately need new night nappies, what's best?

(12 Posts)
Chirpygirl Tue 18-Sep-07 19:56:15

So DD has been waking at 6 for the past few weeks and I thought I had tried everything, but the washing machine died on Friday, and for the weekend she was in disposables, and she slept until 7 before waking.
I tried her in her normal cloth overnight last night and she woke at 6 again, so I think I am pretty safe in betting her night nappies aren't doing it anymore!
We use a Fluffle, with 2 fluffle boosters and a bumgneius booster in, fleece liner and a motherease popper or fleece wrap.....

Ideas please? Or a better booster?!

bagpuss Tue 18-Sep-07 20:42:59

What about a bambeasy with an ellas house hemp pocket nappy insert? I used bumbles with the EH insert and that was thirsty but the bambeasy is newer and might be better?

Chirpygirl Tue 18-Sep-07 21:52:06

So is hemp a lot more absorbent?
Is a bambeasy a bamboo nappy?

I only have fluffles, bumgenius and some imse vimse organic so haven't really needed any others!

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 18-Sep-07 21:58:52

the imse vimse are quite slim aren't they? could you use one of these inside the fluffle?

I use bumhuggers at night and think they are fab. The new design has a pull out soaker as well as a pocket for further stuffing as required, but my DD goes 12+ hours and there are still dry bits in the morning.

Huggles are supposed to be good for night/heavy wetters as well.

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 18-Sep-07 21:59:29

bambeasy are bamboo versions of the bumble.

Chirpygirl Tue 18-Sep-07 22:05:29

Hadn't thought of using imse vimse with a fluffle...they are very slim fitting, I only have a few and save them for expensive outfits as they are only the size of a disposable!
Might give that a try tomorrow night before shelling out on new ones...

Anyone else?!

morocco Tue 18-Sep-07 22:06:44

another vote for bumhugger, new version, with an extra bit of padding added
can't say it helps my dd sleep through though, that would be a miracle nappy grin

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 18-Sep-07 22:16:35

Can I ask about the imse vimse? I've just bought some on ebay and am waiting for them to be delivered. Are they good?

I see already that they are slim fitting.

Chirpygirl Wed 19-Sep-07 08:31:04

I love my imse vimse, you do need a velcro wrap and to lay them out before putting them on though as there is no nippa or anything to hold them together, but they are super absorbent and very soft! I only have 3 or 4 and use them for when my fluffles run out or I need to get slim fitting clothes on DD.
Only thing I would say is they need a good 4 or 5 full washes to get absorbent!

daisyandbabybootoo Wed 19-Sep-07 08:52:16

how do you get on with the fluffles chirpygirl? I have bambinex teddy (a fluffle by another name) and I can't say I'm overly impressed with it at all hmm

Can't wait for my imse vimses to get here now smile

Chirpygirl Wed 19-Sep-07 09:04:24

I love my fluffles! I bought a trial pack so have a couple of other nappies I have tried but havne't really tried out many to compare though.
They are very bulky, be prepared for a little baby to look hugely massive arsed! They are very absorbent though and keep DD really dry. Plus they stay really, really soft, I have a normal tots bots that is really crunchy and hard sometimes after washing but my fluffles are always lovely and cuddly!

CaptainFlameSparrowWifeOfJack Wed 19-Sep-07 12:14:10

I still prefer natural fibres for absorbancy - My best combo is a jam tots eezi fold (slim) underneath a bamboo quick flip - the quick flip gives more layers all round than most nappies, and the jam tots gives a nice neat boosting (and lets me just change that part if he poos in the night wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now