Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

prefolds advice

(19 Posts)
TheJen Sun 16-Sep-07 22:01:58

Hi am using motherease nappies with rikki wraps but have no tumble dryer so wondering how I'm going to dry them quickly enough in the winter. Does anyone out there use Prefolds for boys? How long to they take to dry and is it just a question of folding them and placing them into a wrap? Are they better than terry nappies? Any advice appreciated. Thanks x

TheJen Sun 16-Sep-07 22:33:13

bump

DeedeePickles Sun 16-Sep-07 22:51:36

I use Bambino Mio prefolds and wraps and manage to dry them well most of the time, but couldn't manage without tumble dryer during a run of wet days in winter. Am currently using them for DS (19 mths) and before that used them on DD. Have recently discovered Bamboozles nappies which are fab but take longer to dry than prefolds.

I guess that in the height of summer the prefolds are dry in a couple of hours, but some winter days they are on the line all day and I still have to put them in the dryer.

Probably not what you wanted to hear! Might be time to trade your washing machine for a washer-dryer...

Flamesparrow Mon 17-Sep-07 13:02:30

I'm not a fan of prefolds - if you want a fast drying nappy would be more inclined to lean towards a teddy or fluffle - fast drying microfibre shaped nappies You'd get better containment and they dry quickly.

TheJen Mon 17-Sep-07 13:20:55

HI thanks, what are fluffles like? Do they get used with a wrap? do they need booster pads? Know where they can be sourced cheaply? Ta J x

nappyzone Mon 17-Sep-07 13:46:16

my pocket nappies dry on an airer within a couple of hrs - the insert a few more - radiators help in the winter! just thought id put my neb in for pocket nappies! smile if you look in the small business ads myself (nappyzone) and bumfluff (flame) sell fluffles and similars. yes they require a wrap as are a shaed nappy unlike pockets which i lurve....

Flamesparrow Mon 17-Sep-07 13:54:52

You @ your pockets!

The rikki wraps you already have would be fine with them

DeedeePickles Mon 17-Sep-07 14:22:48

How can a shaped nappy dry quicker than a flat prefold?

Flamesparrow Mon 17-Sep-07 14:24:48

It is made of microfibre, which will dry faster even in a shaped form than cotton which is several layers thick.

DeedeePickles Mon 17-Sep-07 14:57:30

Do fluffles go in the dryer? I don't have any radiators!

TheJen Mon 17-Sep-07 19:15:00

Oh no, I can't believe how much money (and time) I've invested setting myself up with motherease nappies when these fluffles seem to be the same in principle but dry so much faster. Have I made a huge mistake? Anyone out there a fan of motherease that can reassure me?

goingfor3 Mon 17-Sep-07 19:17:28

Motherease dry faster than prefolds. I really liked my motherease nappies but I used them before you could get microfibre nappies.

TheJen Mon 17-Sep-07 20:49:53

Oh no! I jusy ordered prefolds thinking they would dry faster than motherease- have enterered nappy confusion zone in a big way. Should I sell up and buy fluffles? Any advice greatly appreciated.

TheJen Mon 17-Sep-07 21:30:30

Bump- any advice out there on reuseables?

Flamesparrow Tue 18-Sep-07 07:52:17

I would be more inclined to, but then I really didn't get on with prefolds in general...

elibumbum Tue 18-Sep-07 22:26:56

I've been using prefolds for DS for the last 18 months. I've found them really easy to use and dry. However, I have a dryer and radiators!

Do you have an airing cupboard? I put the prefolds in there for a bit if they aren't bone dry from the washing line.

lisad123 Tue 18-Sep-07 22:35:21

I had prefolds if you wanna swap for the motherease nappies?
L

lisad123 Tue 18-Sep-07 22:37:33

also have some terries too
Email me if you like minx101 at hotmail.com

TheJen Tue 18-Sep-07 22:41:53

I've actually got prefolds on order and only have 7 motherease which I think I'll keep hold of for the summer months. Am interested in fluffles I think. Any out there? How much would you sell terry's for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now