Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Taking reuasble nappies out and about?

(11 Posts)
warmsummersday Tue 11-Sep-07 19:54:48

I am wondering how you all manage when you go out and about and if you have massive changing bags! My bag odesn't hold many nappies and I like to have 3 or 4 in my bag which don't fit. Im out all day tomorrow and hate taking loads of bags with me!

MrsBadger Tue 11-Sep-07 20:01:18

ditch the 'changing' bag if it's full of useless compartments
get a normal big handbag (I have my eye on a red leather one from Next)
add foldy change mat thus or similar
roll of napy sacks or waterproof bag thus for dirties
sling nappies etc in loose

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 11-Sep-07 20:02:02

my dd is fairly predictable in her pooing habits, so i change her before we go out and then take either a couple of pocket nappies ready stuffed, or a couple of spare shaped plus a spare wrap if she hasn't pood or only one if she has pood. I also keep a couple of disposables as a last resort just in case and have found some bamboo ones that are supposedly bettter for the envronment.

sorry about typos...feeding dd at the mo!

MaeWest Tue 11-Sep-07 20:06:18

If I'm out for the whole day I would take one spare cloth and some disposables (sorry, I'm a fair-weather cloth-user blush). Definitely agree about the changebag tho - mine is a soft green leather handbag covered in rhinestones!

morocco Tue 11-Sep-07 20:18:04

also got massive handbag instead and also have a special cute pocket nappy that always lives in there in case the wrap gets dirty, plus one other nappy,it's usually enough tbh for a day out if i change just before leaving the house.

bagpuss Tue 11-Sep-07 20:26:18

I can squeeze two cloth nappies and a wrap into a skip hop pronto fold up mat thingy which then lives under the pushchair. I also have some wipes and a wet bag in there too.

accessorizewithbabysick Tue 11-Sep-07 21:53:40

I do have a massive changing bag, but not really cos of cloth. I just like to have it all with me. I keep 2 nappies in bag no.1 and then I have a couple of sposies plus extra clothes for both ds's in a bag I keep permanently in the car. I haven't found aside from nursery that I ever need more than 2 nappies. I do find pockets great for out and about, tho MEO's are quite handy too.

SAHMof1 Wed 12-Sep-07 23:14:23

My change bay was a cheapy from eBay. It is a good size for about 5 cloth nappies, a spare wrap, a change of clothes for my 16 month old, wipes and a wet nappy bag. It comes with a change mat, but it is piddly, so get a decent size one – like here.

But it’s not huge and unmanageable!

For out and about, you really just need the same as for disposables:
Nappies (either disposable or cloth) and spare wraps if you use them
Nappy bags (either disposable or a wet nappy bag)
Wipes (either disposable or reusable) and a spray bottle if you use it

And as you are taking it all out, there is already the space in the bag, you just bring it all back. That’s the only real difference, as far as I can see!

fingerwoman Wed 12-Sep-07 23:16:09

I have an allerhand bag which is fantastic. I love it to death- it's my 4th changing bag, but if I had had it first I'd never have had another

claireybee Thu 13-Sep-07 12:04:18

I just have a big handbag cos i hated carrying changing bags around with me. Usually take 2 or 3 nappies with me, depending how long i'm out for, a folding changing mat and some wipes. If i need to take food/drinks then i use the avent thermo bag and just hang it on buggy.

UniSarah Thu 13-Sep-07 21:00:14

We use a day back pack, can get everything for a day out (including lunch & drink) in it if I pack carefully. normally for a full day out 2 real ( boosted) napies, waterproof bag, chage mat,small pot of wet wipes, one spare wrap and nippa, 1 dizzy. All bar the 2nd real nappy fits in a small cloth bag inside the back pack. spare clothes are in another small inner bag. pocket of pack has the permenent kit ( sun cream, dummy, contact card, calpol, shades etc).
I like back packs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now