Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Lapse in nearly 3yr-old, should I go back to nappies?

(6 Posts)
engel Mon 10-Sep-07 18:14:01

DD is 3.10, thought we'd cracked it with nappies, she was announcing poos and wees and going in potty/loo, wees coming easily poos a bit more stressful for her she needed to really have time and relax...sometimes she wd wait for bedtime nappy or pullup to do poo, then she went back to nursery after three-week summer break and it's all gone to pot, she just stands and wees/poos in pants, then has a terrible tantrum when I try and clean her up. Have to work so can't take more time out at home with her, nursery teachers say they don't have time to coax or ask or sit her on potty, no loo near the room maybe that bothers her, she's clearly ready but nursery not equipped to continue the ground work I put in over holidays...should I go back to nappies and wait a bit or keep sending her to nursery in pants? Or pullups? Help!

engel Mon 10-Sep-07 18:14:34

Sorry, should read 2.10 years old!

wildwoman Mon 10-Sep-07 18:16:40

Pullups,at least there "big girl pants" you don't want her to feel like she's failed anything.Maybe put knickers over the top?

engel Mon 10-Sep-07 21:24:09

Thanks wildwoman, maybe I'll try pullups, anyone else with any suggestions? Would going back to nappies be a big mistake?

fizzylemonade Tue 11-Sep-07 11:19:23

I had this when I was pregnant with ds2 and ds1 was 2.5yr. Nursery (he only went 1 day a week) advised me to stick with it and not go back. They also never did pull-ups because it can confuse them.

I find it awful that nursery say they don't have time to coax her.

I would persevere with it and see how she goes if she thinks you will stand your ground over it. The poo thing does take time. I know how stressful it is when they keep wetting themselves.

My full trained 3 year old would (whilst I breastfed) lie on the floor and wee as he didn't want the wee going down his legs, but it left a nice patch on my carpet and he did this up to 6 times a day. I just used to wait till I had finished feeding and then clean him up. It was incredibly hard.

engel Tue 11-Sep-07 15:43:35

Hi there, put her in a pullup this morning, when I got to nursery the teacher said she thought we should keep her in nappies a bit longer, she said dd wasn't bothered at all having knickers full of poo and that's a sure sign she ain't ready yet. A cop out? She recommended we keep on training her at home and send her to nursery in nappies for the mo...won't that be confusing?
Not happy, but also don't want this to become a battle, or for dd to start worrying about failing, she certainly isn't old enough to feel humiliated but this could all go horribly wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now