Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

To be pushy or to not be pushy

(5 Posts)
JakesMum05 Sat 08-Sep-07 20:59:05

Up until 3 months ago my DS would wee if he wasn't wearing his nappy wherever he stood, or sat . And now he goes in his potty for wees and poos whenever he is not wearing a nappy.

However, when he has anything on his bum, nappy or underpants and/or trousers he will always go in them. If i ask him every 20 minutes if he needs the toilet he might say yes and we'll pull pants/nappy and trousers down and he'll go, but this is very rare.

I don't want to spend all the time i'm with him asking him if he needs the toilet, nor do i want to spend all day with him in pants just so he can get used to it and me cleaning up sofas, carpets and clothes for the duration.

My thought is that he didn't know to go in his potty when he was bottomless a few months ago and now he does, so can i just wait until he properly understands the concept of going when he needs to. Or as my HV oh so supportively informed me, is this a mixed message ?

Anna8888 Sat 08-Sep-07 21:11:50

How old is he?

aviatrix Sat 08-Sep-07 21:18:58

Message withdrawn

JakesMum05 Sat 08-Sep-07 22:15:12

Thank you.

And

He's 26 months

Anna8888 Sun 09-Sep-07 10:52:27

My daughter is 34 months and still not totally trained. I'm not worried (though school needs her in pants, not nappies). Relax. Leave his bottom naked as often as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now