Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

how often should a bamboozle need changing?

(5 Posts)
pistachio Wed 05-Sep-07 16:01:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bagpuss Wed 05-Sep-07 16:10:05

No, I have had this problem recently with ds2 (2.2) and have ended up going back to unbleached tots which seem far more absorbant. I think the thing with the bamboo tots is that they have the same absorbancy as cotton but are a lot slimmer. Most people (including me) seem to get this confused with them being more absorbant. Also, the unbleached cotton ones are fluffier and that means there is more surface area to absorb the wee - I think that the bamboozles go a bit weird and flat after a lot of washes and I think this maybe doesn't help their take up of the wee.

nappyneeds Wed 05-Sep-07 21:48:16

Are they rainbows or natural ones as I have both and they seem a different quality imo. I think it depends on baby - sounds like you have a heavy wetter. I think some children pee more in the day than night - it all depends on intake/digestion and the child in question. I have an 11 month old too and a few bamboozles - she doesnt usually wet right through them though and 2 hours does seem a bit quick to have wet right up to the tabs. It might be worth giving them some extra rinses (soap free) etc to make sure you havent got any detergent build up which may inhibit the absorption.

Otherwise if this continues id add an extra booster in the day.

pistachio Thu 06-Sep-07 10:01:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nappyneeds Thu 06-Sep-07 21:09:21

an extra rinse after your usual wash routine should eliminate any buildup. Once its rinsing just pop back and check to make sure theres no soap suds in the rinse and you should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now