Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bargain priced AIO nappies

(12 Posts)
SAHMof1 Wed 05-Sep-07 15:55:16

I’ve found a WAHM in the USA who makes and sells AIO nappies and the cost in UK pounds on bulk orders is around £6, and this includes P&P.

I’d like to try them, but don’t want to put in a bulk order on my own. Anyone else want to try them too?

Or is there a really clever WAHM here on MN who makes and sells cheap AIO?

1dilemma Fri 07-Sep-07 01:17:08

would possibly be interested but how many in a bulk order? Wouldn't we just get loads of tax charged when they arrived in the UK?

SAHMof1 Fri 07-Sep-07 09:00:20

What’s your e-mail addy? Or e-mail me at abigail_phillips @ hotmail.com

It doesn’t look like there are any other takers, so let’s have a chat without bumping this thread overly!

But I don’t think there is tax on nappies. Anyone want to prove me wrong, that’s fine – because I don’t really know!

nappyzone Fri 07-Sep-07 10:18:14

there will be import tax but you shouldnt get charged vat although i often do and then its about 3 months before you get it back which is a pita.

SAHMof1 Fri 07-Sep-07 11:04:25

Cool - thanks for that. Might not be worth it then! I'm only an agent, not a stockist!

I just like looking at the newest and most original nappies out there - sad, I know!

nappyzone Fri 07-Sep-07 11:11:25

no but please share - what were they as im always on the look out for nice new things...

FlameBatfink Fri 07-Sep-07 12:24:14

I'd be willing to go in on it with nappyzone

SAHMof1 Fri 07-Sep-07 12:32:54

Honestly guys, compared to Flame and Nappyzone I’m small time! I’m only an agent and not a stockist, and to me multiples of five nappies (which is what she sells) is four too many for me when I only want to try one!!

She’s an WAHM e-bay seller, which is where I found her, and she has nappy auctions but she also sells custom made nappies in multiples of five at $25, with P&P at $4.50 per nappy, so $9.50 total per nappy, which at 1 dollar = 60p that’s £5.70 per nappy, I think! Then tax, I guess.

TBH I know five nappies is not really bulk if you’re a stockist, but if you’re only looking to try one out, then it’s four too many!

She’s e-mailed me photos of all the fabric she has, and she has LOADS of different choices! Much more than her three auctions.

FlameBatfink Fri 07-Sep-07 12:34:53

Aaaaaaaaaah

SAHMof1 Fri 07-Sep-07 12:43:29

blush

FlameBatfink Fri 07-Sep-07 12:54:17

grin It was a peny dropping aaaaaaaaaah rather than a patting on head one wink

1dilemma Fri 07-Sep-07 20:48:27

Hi will e mail you hopefully sometime this weekend (limited opportunities at work wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now