Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

NEWBORN CLOTH

(14 Posts)

Hi, quick question for all you resualble parents. DS is 8 days and i am going to be using reusable nappies, His cord has just dropped of so as soon as its a bit more crusty i have totbots bamboo but these are hugh for him at the moment Which ones are best until he grows into these ?? - Need to be prefold! grin - Dont mind nippas or velcro!

nappyzone Tue 04-Sep-07 16:06:02

8 days - wow congrats x

bagpuss Tue 04-Sep-07 16:09:15

bimbles, they are the best IMO. Wait until the cord is fully healed though as we had to go back to disps for a few days with ds2 because the wrap kept rubbing his and made it weep a little. Good luck smile.

thank you, Cord still looks weepy so are going to wait until crusty!!

off to find some bimbles, did here these were good for newborn but im a newbie nappy mum!!

FlameBatfink Tue 04-Sep-07 16:28:11

You can often do without the wrap for newborns, they poo so regularly and wee so little that as long as the nappy is snug round the legs you get away with it (obviously change asap with poo!!!). Bimbles are lovely though, or if you have money to burn swaddlebees organic velour newborn size!

FlameBatfink Tue 04-Sep-07 16:28:39

(I do mean for the cord healing stage, not the first few months wink)

nappyzone Tue 04-Sep-07 16:30:45

yes i 2nd bimbles - i use on my big boy and i really like them - hoping to stock soon too.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Sep-07 16:32:07

am using nippa Bimbles on dd (2wks) and they are fab
have found the wrap (airflow) actually rubs the cord less than disposables as doesn't come up so high, but depends on shape of your baby!

lailasmum Tue 04-Sep-07 16:41:47

I really like diddy diapers, they are really absorbent and just a nice snug nappy. Oh and pretty cheap.

maveta Tue 04-Sep-07 16:46:24

I loved bimbles but diddy diapers were good too, though bimbles much more diddy! grin I have some diddy diapers for sale if you are interested [shameless]

Maveta - How much do you want? What size do they go up to?

maveta Tue 04-Sep-07 18:59:17

It says they should fit from 4lb-17lbs so up to 7 months depending on the size/build of your baby. They are 4.99 new and I was hoping for 4 including postage as they were barely used and are in excellent condition, still lovely and soft and no stains or marks or anything. They were always used with fleece liners. Let me know but no worries at all if you aren´t interested! smile

Hi - sorry for the delay

How about £6.00 for 2 of them? Let me know?xsmile

maveta Fri 07-Sep-07 07:48:29

Hi, I´m afraid I can´t sell them at the moment.. they were at my sister´s house so she could send them from the UK instead of me sending them from here. But she´s just come over to see me unexpectedly so the nappies are stranded! Sorry about that.. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now