Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

naff velcro on bamboozles

(5 Posts)
crazycanuck Mon 03-Sep-07 13:58:52

has anyone else found that the velcro on their bamboozles has given up the ghost? I've only been using ds's for 1.5 years, rarely put them in the drier and even then it's only for 10 min to soften them. they just won't stay fastened when he moves around. I despair of being able to pass them on now!

lailasmum Mon 03-Sep-07 14:04:52

I would complain to Tots Bots they might replace it for you.

bagpuss Mon 03-Sep-07 14:06:18

I don't think the velcro is very good on tots tbh. Ours is all crinkly and the laundry tabs don't stay closed when they are in the wash. I have just ordered some size 3 tots for ds2 (heavy wetter) and have gone for nippa fastening as I though that they would sell on better, even after the short time we would be using them.

tutu100 Mon 03-Sep-07 14:10:45

I've found the velcro on my bamboozles went hard and stiff and discoloured for some reason and I only used mine for 6 months also they shrunk a bit. I then found the velcro on a size 3 tots I bought went even worse. I did try to complain to tots, but I had tumbled my nappies (only a couple of times though) so they said they thought it might have been that. I gave up after that as it took them over a week to get back to my initial email.

lailasmum Mon 03-Sep-07 18:08:31

The other option is to carefully remove the velcro and replace it with some new stuff. You could just but normal velcro or the Aplix which is normally used on nappies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now