Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

''Does my bum look big in this Mum ? ....''

(10 Posts)
katwith3kittens Mon 03-Sep-07 10:14:24

My DS2 is 8 months old, a hefty 22lb and wears real nappies, however, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find suitable clothes to fit his increasingly large backside !

I'm tending to buy the next size up but I'd love to hear what brand you use and what you would recommend. smile

claireybee Mon 03-Sep-07 11:25:05

i find tesco trousers fit well over cloth nappies. my dd is diddy though so might be different for you! also pumpkin patch stuff seems to fit well, especially as the trousers have a fly which makes them a lot easier to get on over the nappy.

tutu100 Mon 03-Sep-07 14:13:07

Lots of places have got half price reductions on cut for cloth clothing. I love their clothing but normally my budget doesn't allow it, but my retailers have offers at the moment.

Have a look here and here and here

tutu100 Mon 03-Sep-07 14:13:52

That should have said many retailers not my retailers. Although I think I would love to have my own retailers.

FlameBatfink Mon 03-Sep-07 14:19:11

H&M tend to suit my DS

katwith3kittens Mon 03-Sep-07 15:17:45

I'd looked at the kittykins site before and noticed that they had some great bargains. Unfortunately everyone has got there before me and the trousers and dungerees I like are out of stock sad

Thanks for the advice so far.

bagpuss Mon 03-Sep-07 15:21:03

Marks and Spencer do some fab basic jeans for boys for £4 and I find they go well over ds2's cloth nappies. They also do chino type trousers which are 2 for £8 and fit well. We have had both of these twice now (since ds2 turned 1) and I am about to buy some more for this year.

accessorizewithbabysick Mon 03-Sep-07 20:47:58

makesachange had a sale on those dungarees, I think, def on cut 4 cloth stuff.
I was just about to order a few pairs for my ds as I have the same prob. and he won't fit into his handmedowns! H&M are really good, and also those jogger-style pants from boots and next. Anything with a baggier cut is good, straight cut jeans don't work so well. I got a pair of dungarees from tesco at the weekend (£6 with t-shirt) that fit him beautifully.

What's the sizing like on cut 4 cloth? Ds2 is 9 months, 19 pounds, don't know whether to order 9-12 or 12-18 and get more wear?

tutu100 Mon 03-Sep-07 23:10:35

My ds is 2.3 and is just starting to grow out of his 2-3 c4c stuff. I would say buy the bigger sizes and get more wear out of them, but I don't ming rolling up 5 inches of trouser leg!

I also found that Woolworths clothing seemed to accomadate cloth nappies very well, so that could be another option for someone.

Also I found TU at Sainsbury's to be very good. In fact on the occasions that ds wore disposibles I couldn't put him in TU clothing because the trousers fell down.

accessorizewithbabysick Tue 04-Sep-07 12:41:33

thanks tutu, I'm going to order some today (just the cheapo jersey ones to start with).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now