Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Does this mean ds isn't ready to potty train after all?

(11 Posts)
boo64 Sat 01-Sep-07 21:37:15

I was thinking ds (2.2) seemed pretty ready to start potty training. He is keen to use the loo and very conscious of when he is doing a poo - and has been for ages.

BUT tonight after his bath towel was removed and I was going to put his nappy on, very unusually he let out the most massive wee all over the floor!

Does this mean he isn't ready given he couldn't hold this in and didn't tell me before?

He did get quite upset about it even though I didn't show any annoyance.

LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 21:40:41

hmm, no I don't think so necessarily although he is on the young side. I often need a wee after a bath !

aviatrix Sat 01-Sep-07 21:41:15

Message withdrawn

boo64 Sat 01-Sep-07 22:03:50

Aviatrix - so far he has been very responsive to the idea of using the toilet 'like daddy' although I have been very lax about not taking him given we haven't started really potty training him. So I've onlyreally asked him once a day.

The wee was so huge that I do think he might have just had a full to bursting bladder and was maybe trying to hold it in in the bath until he got his nappy on again before bed? He was so upset about it I do think it was something he'd preferred not to have done!
I made a big effort to say it didn't matter but maybe that's wrong?

Any other views?

Also, when there is wee on carpet from an accident what do other people do to clean it up? Just curious

aviatrix Sun 02-Sep-07 07:22:51

Message withdrawn

LIZS Sun 02-Sep-07 10:44:42

dettox spray and kitchen towel or babywipes !

boo64 Sun 02-Sep-07 12:57:09

Good advice Aviatrix - he does say no sometimes and I just say ok. When in that sort of approach would you drop nappies then - when he is doing his wees and poos on the toilet a lot?

aviatrix Mon 03-Sep-07 10:49:33

Message withdrawn

aviatrix Mon 03-Sep-07 10:50:21

Message withdrawn

boo64 Mon 03-Sep-07 14:11:39

I really like your 'gentle' approach to it all Aviatrix - I think I might go with this rather than suddenly ditching nappies.
Any other tips on taking this sort of approach?

sophierosie Mon 03-Sep-07 14:43:46

I've just started with this approach - dd was at grandparents at the weekend and happy to go to the toilet there (she is 2.5 and intermittant use of potty/toilet).

So today I thought I'd take a deep breath and go for it. I asked dd if she wanted a nappy or pants on and she chose the pants and has been happily taking herself off to the potty. We even managed to go to the zoo this morning and went to the toilet half way round.

She seems to get a bit annoyed with me asking her every 30 mins if she wants the toilet as she seems to go about every 90 mins or so so I'm just going to leave her to it! She has got a bit upset in the past if she's had accidents but now seems more confident to use her initiative to go herself.

Will see how we get on with it - I'm sure tomorrow she'll want to wear a nappy but i think I'm going to follow her lead in it rather than forcing her iyswim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now