Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which wrap for night-time use? How many will I need?

(13 Posts)
leakyR Thu 30-Aug-07 22:11:21

I currently use cloth nappies through the day and disposable at night. I would like to start using my cloth at night but don't think that the PUL Motherease Airflow wraps that I use in daytime would be suitable.

I am interested in fleece or cotton but am unsure which brand to go for and how many I would need. At the moment I wash my nappies every second day and manage to get by with 4 wraps.

My son is almost 5 months and weighs 15-16lbs. He is probably medium build for a baby (not covered in chub, but not skinny either). We use bumble nappies (with nippa) which are reasonably bulky.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

nappyzone Thu 30-Aug-07 22:21:38

Hiya yeees wool or fleece is best for an evening for all the breathability goodness, tots do fleece wraps which can be sucessfull overnight, I now use wool which i use over a bimble (am new to wool so bare with me) - bimble being similar to a bumble - but anyway wool is great and a phenomenom i am finding! If wools not for you i have some tots wraps on my site here. Wool doesnt need washing often im told but obv if pood on. How often does everyone wash there fleece wraps??? anyone ?

nappyneeds Thu 30-Aug-07 23:05:10

I agree with Nappy Zone - fleece/wool is definately the way to go however if you want to get the hang of nights using cloth first them the airflow is probably the best of the PUL wraps for nightimes as the airflow pocket across the front does allow for some breathability.

Fleece is the next 'less complicated' option and many choose the Tots Bots fleece wraps because of this.

On the wool front we are now stocking the Baby Beehinds wool wraps which are proving quite popular and some customers have even commented that theyve used it without the initial treatment alongside a well boostered bamboo fleece nappy.

FlameBatfink Thu 30-Aug-07 23:09:03

I'm a wool fan too - much less work than all this washing malarkey. I like pull on wool like woollywraps and seahorse slacks because they fit over a big cloth bum really easily.

I like fleece, not a huge fan of the tots ones (although the red one is better than the others as it has more overall layers I think) - I prefer some of the WAHM ones because they have poppers and double layer fleece.

FussyGalore Thu 30-Aug-07 23:38:42

er, needs, i see no beehinds wool wraps on your site...

ds3 is spending his first night in his wooliwrap shorts from bumfluff tonight. (along with a baby beehinds blue bamboo fleece nappy, its own two boosters, plus 3 other boosters of variouys types!)am v curious to see how that goes...

anticipating great things and ordering lots more wool tomorrow in response smile

nappyneeds Fri 31-Aug-07 09:18:04

how'd it go? i expect it all went well as woolly wraps are lovely not to mention cutesmile

i have put a link to baby beehinds wool [http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?rn=62888&topicid=1930&threadid=363532&redir=62888 here] in my ad. I think theyre so popular due to their price!

nappyneeds Fri 31-Aug-07 09:18:48

oops here

way toooo early for me grin

FussyGalore Fri 31-Aug-07 10:20:32

morning!

yes the wooliwrap beehinds boosted like mad combo worked! brilliantly... am going to reduce the boosting by one tonight see if i can get him a bit more comfy... but how good is the wool??? fantastic.

have to find a local knitting class smile

now then, looking at the beehinds wool wrap, the sizing is in lbs (and i havnt had any of them weighed since about 10 days old) so i have to guess all the time about sizes... hes 19m but quite petite, do you reckon a large will be ok as will be over boosted night nappy? i think so, but just wanted to ask you too

FussyGalore Fri 31-Aug-07 10:24:30

and i am LOVING the beehinds bamboo fleece nappy too. sooooooo lovely. that was largely dry (outside at least) this am too btw.

'mazin.

leakyR Fri 31-Aug-07 10:49:34

Thanks for the pointers ladies. I have ordered a Baby Beehinds wool wrap to try (it looked less scary than wooly pants) and a Stacinator fleece wrap.

He's not a heavy wetter so I'm hoping I can stick to a bumble with the booster insert for night-times.

FussyGalore Fri 31-Aug-07 11:43:02

the wooly shorts are not at all scary, leakyr. just pull em on over the nappy instead of pj bottoms. a breeze smile (and v lovely)

FlameBatfink Fri 31-Aug-07 12:05:08

And not undoable wink

claireybee Fri 31-Aug-07 13:28:21

Yes definitely fleece or wool. actually now i have wool i don't use fleece at night cos the wool is soooooo much better! Fleece used to need washing after one night cos it stank, wool lasts forever! Love my stacinator wool wrap but am looking forward to trying out my woolylegs when the nights get a bit colder and dd will tolerate having her legs covered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now