Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Day two of potty training and at loggerheads - any advice?

(5 Posts)
mindsgoneblank Thu 30-Aug-07 09:41:58

My first message as new to site so hope I'm doing it the right way. Just started potty training toddler (2 yrs old). Trial on Tues afternoon went well. Pooed and weed in potty but nappy in between. 1st day in pants yesterday. Morning was fine, some accidents and some successes. After 1 hr nap, work in "toddler nightmare" mode and wouldn't cooperate with anything and since then has refused to sit on potty (managed 30 secs when bribed with choc). Trying not to get cross but feels more like toddler tantrum issue rather than real potty issue. At nursery today which might help but if not, any advice? Don't want to give up too soon esp as he seems fine using potty but don't want to have huge fights about sitting on potty. Sorry for long message

seeker Thu 30-Aug-07 09:50:42

I think he's very young - I would go back to nappies until he's older - but I am very lax on this one. Can't see the point in spending ages with wet pants and carpets and carrying a potty round when if you leave it a while it happens practically automatically with no accidents to speak of. But that's just me. I'm sure you'll get better advice form others!

Annieandclarabel Thu 30-Aug-07 11:30:53

Actually seeker, I think thats great advice.

DS is now 2 and 3/4 and I have found that he does most things in his own time, usually when I have reached the point of despairing that he never will! I have left potty training for another few weeks now as I found that trying to persuade him to sit on the potty when he clearly didn't want to was a receipe for tantrums both from him and myself, and was turning potty training into a battleground.

becklespeckle Thu 30-Aug-07 11:35:51

I agree with Seeker, he is quite young and every child is ready at a different stage. It probably is a toddler tantrum issue at the moment but it could turn into a potty issue which will then make toilet training very difficult and stressful. Perhaps leave him in nappies for now but encourage him to use the potty too with heaps of praise when he does?

mindsgoneblank Sat 01-Sep-07 10:02:41

Thanks for your advice. Day at nursery went ok and had a really good day yesterday so will persevere for a couple more days but suspect we might not get beyond the stage of me putting him on the potty to him saying he wants to go in which case I'll stop for now but I'll see how things go today/tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now