Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Thank you Cod.

(10 Posts)
Callisto Wed 29-Aug-07 16:48:06

Cod - I followed your advice in your last potty training boot camp and it worked brilliantly well.

About 5 weeks ago I took dd (2.5) out shopping and we bought knickers, special pooing and weeing biscuits, special wipes etc. Stopped using nappies that day and explained how she needed to use her potty if she wore knickers etc, etc and that she would get an animal biscuit if she did a wee and a chocolate biscuit if she did a poo in the loo or potty. We had two accidents (just wee) in the first two days and no accidents since. She is also dry in the night the majority of the time and wakes up and asks to use the loo.

So a very big thank you to you Cod for excellent and invaluable advice and giving me potty training confidence. smile

MamaG Wed 29-Aug-07 18:36:56

LOL at a choc biccy for poo!!!

I've started training my DS and we aren't doing very well

mummy2aaron Wed 29-Aug-07 18:43:47

ooo link to the original thread please

Callisto Wed 29-Aug-07 19:55:13

I've just had a look but it seems to have disappeared. I think the thread title was 'Cod's final potty training boot camp'. Essentially you use bribery. grin

mummy2aaron Thu 30-Aug-07 08:06:17

Thanks i will look.

DemobCod Sun 02-Sep-07 14:09:26

oh how fab
i think 2.5 is a godo age

morningpaper Sun 02-Sep-07 15:45:56

roffle@ choccie biccie for poo

Callisto Mon 03-Sep-07 12:20:08

Hi Cod, was worried you'd left as I haven't seen any posts from you for a while.

I think I was very lucky in just happening to choose the right moment (inspired by your thread) and it helped that my daughter understood almost immediately what was required of her.

She is now very proud of her 'knicker draw' and loves to choose which knickers she is going to wear. grin

cheechymunchy Mon 03-Sep-07 12:25:35

Am on second day of potty training DS (2.6). I'm about to cry rather a lot. I feel totally alone and being pregnant in a foreign country ain't helping, plus DH has gone to Israel for business for a few days.
Someone please just tell me to keep going and not get annoyed with sweet DS.

MRSskidaddle Mon 03-Sep-07 15:22:23

cheechy - poor you - I am also pg and potty training (though not in a foreign country) and it is much harder than I expected. However we are on about day 8 and things seem to be finally falling into place. My advice would be not to go out for a few more days (much worse weeing/pooing in his pants in public) and to use bribery a la cod. I'm sure someone else will be along to give some more experienced advice.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now