Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mothercare smart nappy?

(15 Posts)
warmsummersday Sun 26-Aug-07 13:25:58

Has anyone seen or used these? They are new out and imo look very good. Im guessing the reusable bit is a prefold? Any comments?

mozzybear Sun 26-Aug-07 17:53:04

Do you mean these

Hmm, not seen them before, not entirely sure what they're trying to achieve, if you use the reusuable part thats all well and good, but if you usethe disposable, you'll still have to cart around the outside part, thus removing the convienence of a disposable.

Not for me, but I'm sure they'll suit some one hmm

warmsummersday Sun 26-Aug-07 19:12:09

Yes thats what I meant.

I am using reusables on DD with the occasional disposible, sometimes when we go out and at night. I thought this looked like a good idea as I could buy some and then still use them for night time with the disposible bit in it and also when we go out. When I take reusables with me while out my changing bag is so big.

mozzybear Sun 26-Aug-07 19:33:51

Do you just replace the disposable part when you go to change a nappy? If thats the case I can see the point in them but if you need to change and wash the whole outer then I don't.

I take a bambineo out with me. Its relatively slim to fit in my bag. Not sure there's anything that will cut the rest of the crap I take out and about with me though grin need a Mary Poppins bag!

FlameBatfink Sun 26-Aug-07 19:40:24

hmm

warmsummersday Sun 26-Aug-07 20:47:49

Why do people just post a face without making a comment?

From what I can gather you have a reusable wrap and you add either a prefold or a disposible pad.

FlameBatfink Sun 26-Aug-07 20:51:12

Sorry - it was that I was baffled by the whole set up.

That was me pondering why not just use reusables on occasion, and disposables on occasion rather than the mix which probably isn't as reliable as the full version of either type.

warmsummersday Sun 26-Aug-07 21:10:57

Hi. Thanks for replying! Yes I understand what you mean, I was wondering the same thing, is it worth it and im not sure I can be bothered with prefolds!

Im tempted though!

nappyzone Sun 26-Aug-07 21:16:40

so are we saying if disp or reusable insert is used and the poop leaks on the wrap your stuffed anyway? so you would then have to have a back up. Just thats what used to happen with any prefold set up i tried (bamb mio thingy). Hmmm.... bit for me - too much of a pocket gal!

FlameBatfink Sun 26-Aug-07 21:16:58

You're more likely to end up with a whole new wrap being needed too

nappyzone Sun 26-Aug-07 21:19:43

great minds.... grin

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sun 26-Aug-07 21:20:10

aren these like the older style weenees(??) nappies that were about a few years ago?

FlameBatfink Sun 26-Aug-07 21:22:12

I was wondering if they were like weenees too (didn't see the point in them either blush)

maisiemog Sun 26-Aug-07 22:17:51

Oo Oo! I tried weenees old-style a couple of years ago and they were alright. They did leak more than a two-part system, so were fine for just the odd quick nappy change, but not for exclusive use.
So there you go.
There are only weenees 2 comments on my nappy review: one is mine and the other said they wouldn't be good for nights. So if this is the same, I wonder if it would be only good for daytimes.

mambach Wed 12-Sep-07 14:05:25

Only just come across this thread and have been looking out for these for a while. I did the trial for them when they were testing them out. I really like them. You have an outer like wrap, but it has a "cradle" attached and you put your re-usable / disposable pad in there, on baby do up velcro and away you go! I love them, now using the larger size, although don't think they are in stock at the moment. For me they don't leak, I have used them at night and they haven't leaked either. Not sure how leak proof on a newborn they would be. BTW I never use the disposable part, never needed to. They are very compact, really quick to dry, just wish
I could get hold of some more! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now