Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty Training Advice

(5 Posts)
Redhead04 Wed 22-Aug-07 15:16:21

Our dd is 3 years 3months old. When she was 3 we successfully trained her to use the toilet for her wee wees but 3 months later she still stubbornly refuses to do her no. 2 in the toilet. She waits till she's already done it in her panties and then tells us that she's done it. I've reached the point where I've put her back into pullups, wait till she's done her no. 2 in pullups and then put her in panties. I've tried bribery, begging, role playing and in frustration SCREAMING at her. Without success! Do you think that she's still not ready, or is there something else I could do?

witchandchips Wed 22-Aug-07 15:20:03

think the loo is quite frightening for some and the gravity of poo coming out might scare a child. perhaps try her on a potty instead?

WigWamBam Wed 22-Aug-07 15:23:00

Redhead, she may not actually know that she needs a poo - they are completely independent of each other, and it's not uncommon to be dry but not ready to be clean.

If you think she knows when she needs a poo, would you be willing to let her have a nappy if she asked? It would keep your stress levels down, and be less stressful for her as well.

My dd wouldn't use the toilet for a poo for around 18 months after she was dry - giving her a nappy was the only way that we could get her to go without causing her distress.

Redhead04 Wed 22-Aug-07 15:38:14

Thanks for your replies - I have tried a potty - she's happy to use it for wee wee but not poos. She refuses to wear nappies - she says they are for babies - she accepts pullups under protest.

witchandchips Wed 22-Aug-07 15:45:58

Do you have carpets. If not have you thought about leaving her with nothing on? This might get her used to the feeling of doing a poo not in a nappy or pants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now