Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

to re use or not to re use?

(11 Posts)
jkate Tue 21-Aug-07 16:47:53

I'm planning to go for re useables for all the usual reasons but can anyone suggest a good brand? I've checked out bambino but they are fairly pricey... Surely terries do the same job?

Pixiefish Tue 21-Aug-07 16:50:16

terries do exactly the same job.

Have a look at www.babykind.co.uk and see if they have an agent in your area- then you can see them face to face so to speak and have a chat.

There are also a couple of small businesses on here- have a look in the samll business section

jkate Tue 21-Aug-07 16:55:12

Thanks for the info, I'll check that site out soon, terries massively cheaper so may be the way forward and just use disposables for long days out etc or holidays.

Pixiefish Tue 21-Aug-07 17:01:30

If you get the hang of folding them then terries are no problem. You'd have the terry nappy, a liner and then a wrap of some sort to keep the moisture in.

You don't need to soak them these days, just dry pail them (empty the poo down the tolet and then leae them in a bucket with a lid till you wash them)

Wash at 40 or 60, half the usual amount of powder and away you go. Plus terries will dry quickly.

As for wraps would suggest you get about 4 of the Motherease Reiki (with velcro) or Airflow (with poppers) as you don't need to change the wrap with every nappy plus they don't need washing every time and they just airdry quickly in between uses and just wash every few days

FlameBatfink Tue 21-Aug-07 17:36:14

Yup, terries are definately the cheapest

nappyzone Tue 21-Aug-07 18:09:34

nothing wrong with terrys - you can even have bamboo terrys which are loooovely!

FlameBatfink Tue 21-Aug-07 18:10:49

They are indeed (but the nippas leave red marks )

I keep alternating between bamboo for the slim goodness, and the cotton for the fluffityness

nappyzone Tue 21-Aug-07 18:16:41

parcel tape in an emergency.... i use my bamboo for stuffing huge minki!

FlameBatfink Tue 21-Aug-07 18:21:37

I might use one for DD's bedtime minki

nappyzone Tue 21-Aug-07 19:00:53

ooooooo were in a minki tonight - sheep print in red so all the sheep are now pink! stuffed with a prefold with a ellas house hemp snuck in between. ooo im gettign right into me night nappies now!

FlameBatfink Tue 21-Aug-07 19:14:21

We're in a <whispers> disposable... little man has not got pleasant nappies, and I am too tired to keep making a night combo for him to poo through the lot and need a fresh one every 2 hours!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now