Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

If ds is naked he chooses to use the potty all the time, but if in pants...

(9 Posts)
PanicPants Tue 21-Aug-07 11:33:54

I think, he thinks, that pants are just like a nappy and it's ok to wee in them.

Been potty training now for a few days and ds gets quite excited when he uses the potty.

But how to get over the accidents in the pants? Poor child cvan't go around naked all day!

Desiderata Tue 21-Aug-07 11:36:34

It will pass, Panic. I had this with ds for about a month or so, and then he just started pulling them down and doing it properly.

Don't give up on the pants. Keep putting them on. He'll get there ... surprisingly quickly, I suspect

smellymelly Tue 21-Aug-07 11:38:31

Don't put any pants on, just loose fitting trackie bottoms for example, as the pants do feel like nappies.

PanicPants Tue 21-Aug-07 11:38:44

Thats good news then. I'll just keep putting him in pants and hope for the best!

popsycal Tue 21-Aug-07 11:39:45

ds1 did this
ds2 does this
it passes

i just kept them pant-less in the house for a while

gringottsgoblin Tue 21-Aug-07 11:44:29

ds3 has just trained and refuses undies, i think cos he feels like your ds. he just has trousers on and is very happy

curlywurlycremeegg Tue 21-Aug-07 12:21:32

oh glad someone else has this prob (sorry don't mean that to sound bad ) DD did really well potty training all last week but with a bare bum at home, decided she had done so well last week that we would just carry on as normal this week but yesterday she went through about 12 pairs of trousers , I will continue to persevere though, sound like it's just a normal part of potty training

PanicPants Tue 21-Aug-07 13:06:07

Ooh hadn't thought about not putting pants on under his trousers. Thats quite a good idea, especially as it's not that warm at the moment.

Right off to try that!

Tranquila Tue 21-Aug-07 13:13:37

ds2 does this. refuses point blank to wear thm potty training pants or nrmal ones. wont hve it.

hes doing so well otherwise

have dcided to not ask him to wear pants again, until he asks. just talk about them like theyre gret stff and see if he comes round to idea on his own. he does wear trews no, jst no pants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now