Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Incentivising children to potty train!

(8 Posts)
VickyLouise Mon 20-Aug-07 11:31:01

I'm going to try to start potty training with DS, he's not really very keen on the ideas so I thought I'd try to incentivise him to make it more fun.
What has worked for other people?

scattyspice Mon 20-Aug-07 11:33:02

Sweets, grapes, rasberries.

JackieNo Mon 20-Aug-07 11:44:24

Stickers. Extravagant praise.

littleboo Mon 20-Aug-07 14:46:43

We're just in 2nd week, loads of stickers, little sweets ( buttons etc), huge amounts of praise and celebrating, phoning dad, nanny etc. And the hardest bit, loads of patience!!!

makesachange Mon 20-Aug-07 15:17:03

Wellll.

Weeing was fine - stickers did the trick for us. Poos were a bit more of a problem and I eventually offered chocolate.

That backfired as he then decided to try to poo at every possible opportunity and I'm sure nearly ended up with piles!!!

I caught him sitting on the loo, swinging his chubby legs, chanting to himself "do a wee, get a sticker. Do a poo, get some chocolate".

Now I just get, "MUMMEEEEEE COME AND WIPE MY BOOOOTTOOOOOOM".

makesachange Mon 20-Aug-07 15:17:34

I wouldn't mind but he turned 21 last week.

chocbiscuits Mon 20-Aug-07 21:17:47

lol makesachange!

VickyLouise Mon 27-Aug-07 11:37:11

Thanks for all this advice! Are there any nappys / nappy pants that you've found are better than others? aRE THERE ANY POTTYS BETTER THAN OTHER ONES?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now