Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bamboo nappies

(19 Posts)
1dilemma Sun 19-Aug-07 16:49:51

Hi Can someone please tell me the difference between bambineo, wam bamboo and bambinex teddy nappies?
Is it maker/cost or is it something else
TIA

LizaRose Sun 19-Aug-07 17:37:16

Bambineo/bambinex nappies are an updated version of wambamboo with improved fabric. Bambinex teddies are a microfibre nappy by the same manufacturer.

1dilemma Sun 19-Aug-07 17:41:33

Thanks

nappyneeds Sun 19-Aug-07 20:08:32

Yes wam bamboo were redesigned and rebranded to Bambineo with a thicker weight bamboo terry and longer crossover tabs and a longer booster. Soon after this they decided to change to Bambinex due to their brand name sounding similar to Bambino Mio and they didnt want any confusion between the two.

1dilemma Sun 19-Aug-07 21:58:38

clear as mud then....

FlameBatfink Sun 19-Aug-07 23:17:33

Clearly sidestepped the confusing people problem

makesachange Mon 20-Aug-07 15:12:59

Bambinex is the name we're taking forward for all the nappies - including Bamboo.

However until stock of labels, boxes, etc, is used up, you will still get product coming through with the Bambineo label on it.

Sorry about all the confusion. When we brought out the Bambineo name the Teddy wasn't really a glint in the eye, but there you go.

Emma

1dilemma Tue 21-Aug-07 00:12:33

woops sorry Emma didn't know you were on here
Don't suppose you've got any seconds going cheep for me to try have you? !!

1dilemma Tue 21-Aug-07 00:13:09

cheap again

lifeslikethat Tue 21-Aug-07 12:26:33

Do you make the nappies then makesachange? Where are they made?

nappyzone Tue 21-Aug-07 14:13:43

i didnt realise you made them either tbh - i always deal with a cath - are you in the background somwhere important?

lifeslikethat Tue 21-Aug-07 14:21:15

Nappyzone, maybe you can tell me, are the bambi whatsits (neo or nex!) made in the UK? I am looking for nappies that haven't done a lot of "air miles" IYKWIM, thanks

FlameBatfink Tue 21-Aug-07 14:25:37

No - they are made in Turkey.

Quick Flips, Clwt Twt, Bumbeano, Baby Bufters, Weenotions are all UK made.

preggersagain Tue 21-Aug-07 14:32:17

tbh though air miles are fairly irrelevant as the raw material for all the nappies will have travelled from turkey etc regardless of where the nappies are sewn together!

FlameBatfink Tue 21-Aug-07 14:39:32

Yup wool is about the only thing you can be precious about air miles with.

You do get nice UK mums making the others though (not that the Turkish workers aren't probably nice mums too )

nappyzone Tue 21-Aug-07 14:48:05

they ya go - so turkey it is... as flame says probs the raw materials are from far away anyway on alot of things. Some of my stock comes from oz which is a canny few airmiles but i like to think the plane was coming anyway or if its a regular order from oz or say the usa which alot of my stuff is i get it by sea which takes a donkeys age

FlameBatfink Tue 21-Aug-07 15:00:06

Without the air miles there would be some poor pilot out of work, and his family starving

nappyzone Tue 21-Aug-07 15:02:59

yes your right those poor pilots would have to go without there caviar and champagne breakfasts and i could not live with that on my conscience whilst tucking into my smartprice krispies!

littlekiwibaby Wed 22-Aug-07 18:57:05

It would be lovely to be able to source raw materials from within the UK but sadly when producers / manufacturers are found they are closely guarded lol.
The main benefits to shipping in completed nappies are the lack of VAT (as they are a baby product whereas a fabric is not) and the cheaper labour costs.
Plus as nz said- the planes come anyway lol....and Flame- we can't put the pilots out of work lol...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: