Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I know there are tons of threads on this subject but I need some support...

(19 Posts)
oregonianabroad Sun 19-Aug-07 15:48:10

training ds1 (2.4), biggest obstacle seems to be dh who wants to put nappies on at first hurdle (lazy, impatient...). Am also suffering with hormonal craziness (mood swings? I'm on a fricken trampoline).

DS1 sits on potty and loves all the attention, I think it's the right time and have been following cod's plan (thank you), but am struggling with nap time. He won't make a deposit before he goes down for a nap, which means I keep waiting and re-setting the timer until he is really over-tired and it's useless to try putting him on the potty. So I put him down and he wets the bed 5 minutes later. Please help.

DemobCod Sun 19-Aug-07 16:05:23

hmm id ut a care mat down under him whne he sleeps in the day - haev you sen them in the shops?

agree re husbands

quokka Sun 19-Aug-07 16:09:23

I put a nappy on mine when he's sleeping. I try and get him to go but forcing him is not going to make it happen. Can't you explain that he wears a nappy while sleeping? My ds 3.5 still wears a nappy at night. If he hasn't wet the nappy after 2 weeks while napping then I would get rid of it.

oregonianabroad Sun 19-Aug-07 16:12:36

I've put care mat down. I just felt so bad today when I went to check on him and he had removed wet trousers and fallen to sleep!
Would it be better to put him naked/in pants on a care mat, or put pullups on him?

quokka Sun 19-Aug-07 16:14:20

pmsl I can see wee being sprayed all over the walls and bed - everywhere except the mat!

quokka Sun 19-Aug-07 16:20:10

sorry that wasn't very supportive but he is a boy! Its a huge change for them, it takes time but it will click inot place

oregonianabroad Sun 19-Aug-07 16:30:02

DOH! (Smacks forehead, homer-style)

oregonianabroad Sun 19-Aug-07 16:31:02

Oh, and DH is redeeming himslef by cooking us all a veg korma... will wonders never cease?

Tranquila Sun 19-Aug-07 17:59:21

i reckon hes pretty young to be sleeping dry, personally. i say do the training but still put a nappy on him to sleep.
ds1 is now just 4 and he still has a nappy to sleep - but its mostly dry now and he is learning to get up to wee. certainly he seems to hold it or do it first, as testified by dry nappies in the morning (doesnt do naps in day)

its no biggie to be in nappies to sleep is it?

oregonianabroad Sun 19-Aug-07 18:20:15

He wears a nappy to bed at night, but I thought it might confuse him to have a nappy for naps? (Cod -- did I get it wrong, o wise one of the wees?)
I am fed up. He has done not. a singel. wee. in the pot. today.
DS insisted, despite my protests, on going out for a short walk with him (cooped up all day, yaddah yaddah) and sure 'nuff, ds1 just came in the door soaked.
Courage needed.

Tranquila Sun 19-Aug-07 18:33:57

sympathy.

you should try being lax and apathetic like me. tis much less stressful.

well, i do encourage etc but dont insist. nursery sorts them out in the end. piece of piss!

oregonianabroad Tue 21-Aug-07 14:10:14

thanks tranquila. mis-read your name initially and thought it was tequila, which is what i need!

ChipButty Tue 21-Aug-07 14:19:21

This happened with my DS. I then left it a couple of months and tried again and he was fine - just wearing pullups at night until about 3.5. So he was 2.7 when potty trained.

oregonianabroad Tue 21-Aug-07 15:11:43

Thanks chipbutty. We are trying putting a nappy on over his pants for naptime, and still working on training. Am going to give it till the end of the week to see how it goes; if we're getting nowhere, i'm going to put it on hold for a month or 2.

oregonianabroad Tue 21-Aug-07 19:56:25

When I went in to check on him after writing this message, I discovered he had removed the nappy and was soaked in wee. But he then did one in the pot.

quokka Wed 22-Aug-07 08:51:26

sounds like he took his nappy off and was a bit bamboozled by the undies as well? I would keep it to one layer nappy or undies

fawkeoff Wed 22-Aug-07 08:57:40

if it was me i would stick a nappy on him (back to front would make him wonder)and stick a baby vest on him as it will be hard for him to open the poppers

oregonianabroad Wed 22-Aug-07 19:33:17

Thanks fo and qk. Finally ventured out today and put him in pull-ups, he didn't ask for the loo so I didn't mention it till we got home, and then he made 2 deposits, but he asked for the loo the 2nd time, so we might be getting somewhere.

seeker Wed 22-Aug-07 19:42:35

I think he's very young to be out of nappies at all - but I had two very very late loo users! If it's at all stressful for anyone go back to nappies IMHO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now