Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Toilet trained at home...now what??!

(8 Posts)
chocolatepig Fri 17-Aug-07 22:33:16

My DD (2.3) has done really well - 6th day dry all day. Now I have to start to think about leaving the house, not going to put in nappies/pull ups, maybe training pants?. Any advise would be appreciated, can they 'hold on' do I just have to go out and see (I also have a 5 month old)help...!I'm nervous about going out.

meandmy Fri 17-Aug-07 22:37:44

can you take potty?
lots spare bottoms, and nappy sacks for wet clothes, confidence in your dd, ask her to tell you if she needs to go toilet, go with ask her regulary if she needs to go as she might get distracted

MaureenMLove Fri 17-Aug-07 22:46:03

Its the worse feeling, isn't it? I remember doing this with dd. Conveniently, my first outing was to a friend who was having her carpets re-fitted the day after we went, so I wasn't too worried! You have to take the bull by the horns and just go! Make sure you always have spare bottoms and wetwipes and you'll be fine! They're cleverer than you think. Go somewhere where you know there's loos too!
You are now entering a new era - you will visit every public toilet in your area! Kids love a public toilet!

chocbiscuits Fri 17-Aug-07 22:47:36

My ds (2.2) has been very brave about going out and can hold on for ages. Has even used the travel potty (potette) from Boots today in the park but yesterday went out and used his own potty in a strange toilet. Much preferred his own potty and was asking for it today, but I didn't expect him to need it because he's been able to hang on for ages, so I only took the travel pot.
Both times he's been initially very angry (mild tantrum), keeps trying to leave the toilet, quite scared, asks for cuddles, then managed to go in the potty arrangement and been very proud of himself! We have only been doing potty training this week. Poos are not working at all and are being produced in pants! Am crossing my fingers about this.

melpomene Fri 17-Aug-07 23:51:01

Yes, the pottette/travel potty is a very good idea. If you have it handy you won't have to worry about rushing to find a toilet.

Try to start by going to places where it won't matter much if there is an accident, eg. visiting a friend and playing in the garden, going to parks or outdoor attractions, toddler groups, anywhere without carpets!

Also, take a folded up towel for her to sit on in the car seat/pushchair or if she is sitting on someone else's chair/sofa.

My dd2 is also 2.3 and is 2 weeks into potty training. We have been out every day since day 4 and she has only had one accident while out. Good luck!

melodymum Sun 19-Aug-07 21:46:55

My son is always much better when out and about than when at home! I don't think that he wants to embarass himself when he's out in public (too clever for 2 years) Unfortunately at home he always has regular accidents - now even weeing in his bed when he's playing in his bedroom. He's been good at weeing in the potty for months now - why this sudden back track!?

shweta Mon 20-Aug-07 20:54:02

Hi All,
My daughter just turned 2. She was great all potty trained, and we were in big girl underwear. Then we off on a holiday, couldn't find loos at all places. So had to put her in a nappy. but now she has reverted back. If I take her on time she will go, but if left on her own, she will pee in her pants. We have been trying but nothing works. All methods tried. Please any suggestions on how to make her let me know that she needs to pee.

Speccy Mon 20-Aug-07 20:58:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now