Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

OI COD....share the blardy wisdom will you....

(64 Posts)
DANCESwithDumbledore Thu 16-Aug-07 15:56:13

HOW, how, HOOOOwwwwww do I get ds 2.7yrs to stop pooing in his pants. It's farking disgusting <gags> Bribery isn't working, I'm not getting cross but am telling him it's making me sad when he poos in his pants. He has wees sussed which is great but OMG the poos the pooooooos <sits shaking and muttering in corner>

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 16-Aug-07 15:56:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FluffyMummy123 Thu 16-Aug-07 15:57:55

Message withdrawn

DANCESwithDumbledore Thu 16-Aug-07 15:58:23

<thud>

<hysterical sob>

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 16-Aug-07 15:59:06

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 16-Aug-07 15:59:28

DANCESwithDumbledore Thu 16-Aug-07 16:00:08

OH! I thought being cross was a big no no with potty training. If I made him clear it up it would be EVERYWHERE <shudder> so that's not an option. Will try the poo diary but off the top of my head I'd say he's not particularly regular.

FluffyMummy123 Thu 16-Aug-07 16:00:45

Message withdrawn

DANCESwithDumbledore Thu 16-Aug-07 16:00:56

Oh gawd, it is so, so gross

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 16-Aug-07 16:01:04

Rhubarb Thu 16-Aug-07 16:01:32

You are telling him it's making you sad?

Tbh 2.7 is very young to expect a boy to control his poo. Mine is 3.6 and I had to spend 3 months washing on average 2 pairs of trousers and undies every day before he got the message. If you are telling him it's making you sad you are just putting him under pressure and being very unfair.

You've got wees sussed which is great at this age! But really, expecting him to control his poos too is just too much.

If you do insist on poo-training then completely, and I mean COMPLETELY ignore the accidents and focus only on the positives. A sticker chart worked for my ds with a reward after a certain number of days.

DANCESwithDumbledore Thu 16-Aug-07 16:02:17

It's been almost 2 weeks since I started potty training him...is that long enough to have run out of 'oh you've done so well...blah...blah' and on to 'you are really making me cross when you poo in your pants'?

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 16-Aug-07 16:03:34

Rhubarb Thu 16-Aug-07 16:04:32

You make them clean up too?

I cannot believe this thread! 2 weeks and you expect him to be fully potty trained? My God where do you get off?

You cannot punish accidents, which is what these are. Boys learn control much later than girls and at this age their sphincter (sp?) muscles are not yet fully developed so they find it difficult to control their poos. Would you punish an incontinent old person? Because at this age they have little control just as old people do. It's not for lack of trying!

Give it a rest and try again later.

Piggy Thu 16-Aug-07 16:05:05

Oh god Malory - how hideous. I think I'll cancel my plan to potty train ds1 next month.

Gobbledigook Thu 16-Aug-07 16:05:25

I potty trained ds3 a couple of weeks ago -he cracked it in literally 2 days - poos adn wees. THen in the second week I think he got lazy and he did do a few poos on the floor <gag>, on toys <double gag>. I went through the roof. HE got a serious telling off. He's not done it since.

I felt it was OK to get cross because I knew full well that he knew what he was doing because he had gone to the toilet, unprompted, to do poos and wees for the whole week before.

I wouldn't be cross if you aren't sure he's 'got it' but if you know he has then let rip!!

Rhubarb Thu 16-Aug-07 16:05:48

And the reason they hide is because they are afraid of consequences. They honestly think that if you do not see them do it then it disappears.

With that level of reasoning how do you expect them to understand what you want?

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 16-Aug-07 16:05:53

Gobbledigook Thu 16-Aug-07 16:06:05

Waitrose?
House of Fraser?

ROFL!!!

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 16-Aug-07 16:06:21

DANCESwithDumbledore Thu 16-Aug-07 16:06:28

Oh gawd, this is when MN gets to me...now whose advice do I take since it is polar opposites?! Rhubarb - bribery doesn't work, he just doesn't care about stickers or sweets etc. We did a sticker chart for dd and she loved it. Should I not tell him it makes me sad? Thought that was better than saying cross. Dammit, it is impossible to get it 'right'

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 16-Aug-07 16:06:35

Rhubarb Thu 16-Aug-07 16:07:02

I thought I was firm, but I'm going to have to parp myself at you lot, I really am!

An accident and you "let rip" at them? Toddlers?

I've gotta go before I start "letting rip" at you lot.

Piggy Thu 16-Aug-07 16:07:24

That is very interesting Rhubarb. I am convinced that ds1 (2.9) has almost no sphincter control (tmi to say why I think this). I had thought that he might have a real problem but I'm relieved to see that it's pretty normal. Thanks. And phew.

Rhubarb Thu 16-Aug-07 16:08:12

dances, I told you what I did.

I had a very similar thread when my ds was soiling his pants twice a day every day. The advice I got was excellent. No-one ever suggested I punished him. This just makes them do it in secret.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now