Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pull up wraps for cloth nappies

(15 Posts)
tutu100 Wed 15-Aug-07 20:11:08

Has anyone got any reccomendations for pull on wraps. I would like to try some for ds who is 2.2 years. I bought some boots ones but they are so plasticky and hard. Ds hates them, they rustle and left red marks round his thighs, and he has fairly skinny thighs.

Does anyone know of any others. I have seen some disana microfibre ones on twinkle that look quite interesting but thought I'd ask for opinions before I order anything.

horsemadgal Wed 15-Aug-07 23:02:21

Rebs wraps are fab, but they are quite balloony like. If getting them don't get the cotton outer ones, get the ones that are just one layer like PUL. The cotton covers tend to wick.

fingerwoman Wed 15-Aug-07 23:03:24

you could try stacinator. they popper up the sides, but you can use them as pull up ones as well

tutu100 Wed 15-Aug-07 23:13:13

Thanks for both those reccommendations. I will look into the stacinator. Horsemadgal I found rebs wraps on a search engine, but on her site it says that she is finishing and the only wraps she has left aren't big enough. Do you know if she sells through any other outlets?

IdrisTheDragon Wed 15-Aug-07 23:15:38

If you had had a DD rather than DS, I have a large rebs wrap that DD never even used (went and potty trained before she ever wore it), but I think it migh be a little pink and floral for your needs .

FlameBatfink Wed 15-Aug-07 23:22:11

You could always try wool

FlameBatfink Wed 15-Aug-07 23:23:33

I can get the xxl (35lb+) rebs ones - look in the small business bit for bumfluff

Ceolas Wed 15-Aug-07 23:25:45

Can you pull up Bummis super snaps?

Don't know if they're any good.

tutu100 Wed 15-Aug-07 23:50:55

Thank you Idris. Ds would probably love it, but dp wouldn't be very happy.

I thought Flame would try and turn me to wool. I've got a lanolin sensitivity though so I thought just puting it on and off ds would probably bring my hands out in rash. Are the xxl ones huge? Ds is 30lb but very tall so sometimes I find that I need to get bigger than his weight.

Ceolas, I'll look at the bummis snap ones, but I've tried using my airflows as pull ups which hasn't been very sucessful so if they are similar to those I don't know if it will work.

Thanks everyone for your posts. I will check in the morning to see if their are any more.

FlameBatfink Wed 15-Aug-07 23:55:25

Tis ok - you could get one of the WAHM's to make you an acrylic wool wrap, they work in the same way as fleece would (so need washing every 12 hrs or so), but no lanolin

Knittin to the rescue again Mwahahahaha!

horsemadgal Thu 16-Aug-07 00:01:14

tutu, the rebs seem to be hard to get hold off. Be worth putting ad on nappy lady wanted.

bagpuss Thu 16-Aug-07 19:01:18

Bummis also do a normal pull on pant - a whisper pant which Kittykins have for £4 each - they go up into big sizes too.

tutu100 Thu 16-Aug-07 23:44:02

Thank you everyone for your replies. I am looking into all of them.

Flame, I started knitting ds a wool wrap before, then remeber my lanolin sensitivity. So if I knit him one in acrylic once it's knitted does it need to have anything else done to it? or is it just wash and wear, cos if so I can try that myself. Which would be a very cheap way of trying a pull on wrap.

FlameBatfink Fri 17-Aug-07 00:19:15

Nope, just wash n wear

Dodaday Tue 21-Aug-07 15:12:55

I get on OK with Boots plastic pants, but you could try Mothercare ones, because they are a bit better quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now