Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pull ups required for toddler with slim waist any advice?

(13 Posts)
firstmum45 Tue 14-Aug-07 22:28:30

For the past few months my daughter as worn pampers pullups during the day size 4 and pampers baby dry nappies size 4+ at night.

Now she is 2.8 and her body has starting to change although she is very petite she has began to get very leggy and her waist has started to slim down.

This means that her pampers pull ups are no longer as snug round the waist and have started to leak!!!!!

The pampers baby dry are fine but I am unable to use these during the day as she will not lay down for nappy changes and are therefore not suitable for day use.

Can anyone reccomend a pull up that has a wide or snug fitting waistband that I can try for better results.

Thanks

totaleclipse Tue 14-Aug-07 22:30:18

I had this prolem with dts, I could'nt find any pull up type nappies that fit.

imaginaryfriend Tue 14-Aug-07 22:32:48

I never found a single pair for dd. They all just fell down. I've had the same problem with knickers too!

LadyK Tue 14-Aug-07 22:34:10

Yes! Pull-ups just don't work very well for children built like this!

I have found Sainsbury's own brand size 4s to be ok. They are a bit cheaper too, £3.65 I think, so worth buying a pack to at least try.

totaleclipse Tue 14-Aug-07 22:34:53

I cant understand why pampers dont do them in a size 3, this must be a common problem.

MerlinsBeard Tue 14-Aug-07 22:36:37

Huggies used to do convertibkes which were ideal for when i had this prob with ds1. Ds2 looks to be going the same way and do far we are ok with huggies pull ups in a medium

firstmum45 Tue 14-Aug-07 22:41:29

Thanks for your messages so far. It is comforting to know that my dd (only child) is not some kind of freak and that this is a common problem with many toddlers. Will check out the other makes mentioned.

Thanks once again

horsemadgal Wed 15-Aug-07 19:41:54

Have you tried the Lidl pull ups? They are elasticated all around the top half (like those ruched dresses!!). I use them coz they are really stretchy for DS, but may work the other way too.
M x

melodymum Sun 19-Aug-07 21:56:47

Tesco works for us! We've always had this problem - My boys trousers always fall down -he's wearing 12-18 months and he's 2 and a half. They're elasticated all round and start at size 4 I think (maybe 3).

littlelapin Sun 19-Aug-07 21:58:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlameBatfink Mon 20-Aug-07 00:26:17

I was thinking the convertible things

Or a big strip of gaffer tape

IdrisTheDragon Mon 20-Aug-07 00:29:56

DS was (and is) skinny and I found that Boots pull-ups worked well on him.``

SixKindsofCrisis Mon 20-Aug-07 00:39:42

Not strictly relevant, I know, but my ds has this problem at age 12! (With trousers I mean, not nappies.) Clothes seem to be geared up to plumper and plumper kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now