Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone use Bumbles?

(18 Posts)
Lovage Tue 14-Aug-07 14:15:30

My Nappylady advice was to use Bumbles (quicker drying, relatively cheap, okay for nursery if have some popper version ones). But my local nappy expert doesn't stock them so I can't see before I buy. Anyone any opinions on them? Or like to recommend another fairly quick drying fitted nappy. Our drying facilities are a bit crap and our central heating doesn't work very well so Motherease etc. take forever to dry in the winter. (Baby is 1 and a thin wriggly boy, if that helps)

Thanks very much!

CarGirl Tue 14-Aug-07 14:18:05

bumbles are brilliant the most absorbant nappy ever, fit really well etc altough I did use nippa version. Yes quick drying for def.

Gizmo Tue 14-Aug-07 14:18:19

I have a couple and they're OK. They seem to be cut for extremely wide babies though - DS2 is a chunky 10 month boy but the arm bits nearly meet round his middle.

They line dry reasonably quickly (12 hours or so) but in my house they're competing against a mountain of Tots Bots Fluffles, so they're always the last to dry and therefore the last to get used!

LizaRose Tue 14-Aug-07 14:28:57

I would suggest you buy one or two to try before investing in a full kit, just in case you don't like them. Or if you buy a load, just prewash one at first and you can return the rest unused if necessary.

LizaRose Tue 14-Aug-07 14:36:51

Ooooh, if you want a fabulously quick-drying, slim fitted nappy you should try a Bambinex teddy- dries in 2-3 hours on the line. here, or several other MN nappy retailers also sell them.

Lovage Tue 14-Aug-07 15:33:29

That's great, thanks. I think I need to start another thread to ask the other way about quick drying nappies, so as to get the advice of people who don't know about Bumbles. But thank you for your advice! Will definitely investigate those - quicker drying than Bumble sounds even better and the wide fit would be an issue - DS is very skinny.

thehairybabysmum Tue 14-Aug-07 15:46:44

I have a nippa one that does dry fairly quickly but doesnt beat my motherease and Onelife ones for speed of drying.

maveta Tue 14-Aug-07 16:05:28

have you thought about pockets? They might not be your thing and on the whole people seem to rate them as less reliable than 2 parters but I haven´t found that yet. I have recently been trying them out because it takes forever to dry things in our house in winter (no heating!) and pocket outers are about the quickest drying thing ever. You´d just need a few extra inner-bits so as soon as the outer pocket is dried you can stuff them with the extra inserts (while the newly-cleaned inserts are still drying IYKWIM).

FlameBatfink Tue 14-Aug-07 18:10:33

I really like bumbles

I agree with trying a few different types before getting oodles. Quite a few of us sell different kits with one of each of a few types of nappies, and I know I am happy to swap about to create the kit you want, so I assume others are too.

claireybee Tue 14-Aug-07 20:15:20

Bumble is the only terry nappy i like! I also love the bambeasy (bamboo version) but it takes longer to dry and also does seem to have shrunk a bit in the wash

nappyzone Tue 14-Aug-07 20:32:06

i have never even touched a bumble but have 3 bimbles comming tomorow - i have no idea what they are like either or even how they fasten - call it an impulse buy!

FlameBatfink Tue 14-Aug-07 20:34:28

Bamboo does that My squares have shrunk soooo much - which is actually a good thing, they were far too big before

UniSarah Tue 14-Aug-07 21:53:18

I like my bumbles ( also have MEOS, Little lamb S2 and nappy nation S2) Boy is 17 m/o and on 50th centile hight and weight.
Bumbles fit him well, the "arms" nearly meet in teh middle which is fine by me, when he was smaller they over lapped, if he gets bigger they won;t meet, but with nippa thats not an issue. I CAN put a bumble on boy while hes standing up or sitting or crawling as well obviously as the trad lieing down pose these kids hate so much. Dh CAN'T , but thats lack of practise. Boys Childminder has been fine with bumbles tho I think hes her only mindee in cloth. Creche staff have been fine with them too ( those girls are GOOD with a stinky baby) . The nappy and booster dry in about 24 hours or less if favourable condidtions. We have needed the booster from about 12m/o. personaly I use flushable liners in them to make pooh handling easier ( partly coz of how our house is laid out I admit).

nappyzone Tue 14-Aug-07 21:59:30

I agree about the bamboo squares - i knew they would hence i bought in 65cm ones rather than 40's! They good though . I wish i shrunk when washed

NeverEndingPileOfLaundry Tue 14-Aug-07 22:03:44

I have a few bumbles (along with Sandy's and MEOS). They are absorbant and dry quickly as you take the booster out. They are less slim fitting than some nappies which you may / may not prefer.

I don't have a problem with the overlapping arms though - DD is 91st centile for height and weight though which may explain it!! I also use the popper version, which perhaps has something to do with it as well? I would say that the poppers aren't as good as other popper brands I use, and if I had my time over would perhaps get the nippa version.

HTH

bitzermaloney Tue 14-Aug-07 22:54:24

I have Bumbles (both popper and nippa versions) and love them. DS is pretty slim (just under 25th centile for weight, 75th for height!) and they fit him perfectly, have never leaked.

derah Wed 15-Aug-07 12:48:20

Love my Bumbles! They have that clever inside popper thing so you can use them on small babies, they're a great fit, and the elastic is still going strong after nearly 2 years (elastic has gone in my other nappies). And they don't take that long to dry either. I would highly recommend them. The only down side is that they're white and boring (I love funky colours) but you can get more interesting-coloured ones if you go direct to Easy-Peasy instead of through a nappy seller.

LazyLineLegilimens Wed 15-Aug-07 20:27:56

I have Bumbles and they have been fine. Nice fit, though they are rather bulky. Doesn't bother me.

If I were to buy all over again, would go for the Fluffle though. I find them as absorbent and bulky as the Bumble but they dry quicker and stay fluffy and softy-soft!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now