Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Challenge - Make me a night nappy for heavy wetting 3mo..

(10 Posts)
maveta Mon 06-Aug-07 22:18:40

The ingredients you can choose from are;

easypeasy qd bimbles
bambineo´s size 2 and boosters
bambineo size 1 and boosters
diddy diapers
fuzzi bunz and insert
wonderoo and insert (spare inserts also available)
(I also have the large part of the inserts lying around cos he´s still using it on the small setting if that helps)
microfibre cloths (so far totally unconvinced that these are good boosters for me)

The mix to date has been bimbles inside a bambineo size 2 without its booster and a ME airflow on top but this is big and unwieldy and dh moans constantly that it´s fiddly to put on.

Can anyone come up with any better combos.. ideally I´d love to use the wonderoos at night, anyone got any experience of doing this?

FlameBatfink Tue 07-Aug-07 08:10:38

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I think that is the kind of thing I would have suggested, but as you say - big n unweildy.

The easiest would be if you had a minki, but ya don't

Possibly the Size 2 bambineo with its own booster, and both parts of the wonderoo one inside? Would still be huge though. Would be slightly neater if you put the boosters outside of the nappy, between the nappy and wrap, but that won't work so well with the airflow unless it is a snug airflow.

maveta Tue 07-Aug-07 10:18:20

now listen here batfink! the last thing i need right now is more nappies!

what do you use?

FlameBatfink Tue 07-Aug-07 10:56:54

Did you really want to ask that question?

The last week - 4 different nappies a night (pooing lots)

My current fave is either a bambineo (with booster) or a Jam Tots Eezi-Fold, with a bamboo quick flip over the top, and wool wrap of some sort.

For easy to use, but very bulky - a minki pocket. You can shove all the stuffing in the world in that thing, and do it up all as one. It's bulky before you've even started though, so it can look massive on.

maveta Tue 07-Aug-07 11:41:48

i can´t believe a bambineo with its booster alone can do you all night! and mine´s only 3 months old! Good grief.

Poor you 4 poos in one night though !

FlameBatfink Tue 07-Aug-07 11:48:21

Noooooooooo - you need the quick flip over the top of the bambineo, not just by itself.

normabutty Tue 07-Aug-07 11:51:15

Maveta, surely if dh is complaining you can convince him to let you buy a new nappy

Hi Flame!

nappyzone Tue 07-Aug-07 12:30:23

I am a minki gal on a night mostly - they are massive though - i have used a wonderoo on a night stuffed with a prefold wrapped round a microfibre insert and it lasted for me but you sound like you have super human peeing baby..... Ooo im oging to e mail you someting .... hang on....

maveta Tue 07-Aug-07 13:10:13

so what stuffing would you put in a minki? Would terries be good? Or those greenacres ones seem to pop up a lot, are they absorbant?

Maybe I should just stick with the bimble inside a bambineo, it did the job. Tell dh to bloomin´ lump it!

nappyzone Tue 07-Aug-07 15:50:59

in my minki i have put in either a night booster (pea pod microfibre)or any other microfibre with a prefold wrapped around it, i have also done a terry wrapped around a ellas house hemp too. i dont think a terry alone would do the job but im, sure someoen will have tried it - i think i tried to stick a bamboo square in mine but it was very bulbous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: