Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Why are you all so picky about nappies.

(60 Posts)
floopowder Mon 06-Aug-07 12:36:57

When my dd was born she had really bad nappy rash for the first two months. I put her in terry nappies. The rash cleared up, so she stayed in Terrys. End of story.
You lot are so up yourselves, wittering on for threads at a time, about no conditioner, shaped nappies, no napisan, how do you think your parents copped with nappies when you were kids do you think they spent whole days worrying themselves into a tizzy over the whys and wherefores of nappies. Get over yourselves.

divastrop Mon 06-Aug-07 12:39:47

lol

ruddynorah Mon 06-Aug-07 12:41:05

oh well look at you setting up your own thread to witter on about nappies. how la di da for you

tarantula Mon 06-Aug-07 12:41:34

So sorry can you tell us what we should be talking please adn we will of course oblige.

or then again maybe not

moljam Mon 06-Aug-07 12:41:56

what if the rash hadnt cleared up?or what if they started leaking?would you have looked for something else or a way to solve problem?

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Aug-07 12:42:12

Is this not a parenting forum?

bristols Mon 06-Aug-07 12:43:02

btw, I LOVE my reuseables

moljam Mon 06-Aug-07 12:43:08

and it sounds more like you whos up yourself i think.
im glad you found something that suited your dd and had no problems,lucky you.

floopowder Mon 06-Aug-07 12:43:14

I replied to another lady earlier, and was going to put this on her thread, but, I couldn't be that rude to just one person. Come on over and shoot me down.

WigWamBam Mon 06-Aug-07 12:43:16

Oh, go away.

IdrisTheDragon Mon 06-Aug-07 12:43:26

Because it's fun to look at different nappies, you might as well get excitement out of something that contains wee and poo and they do sometimes work better as well . My mum (who used terries with my sister and me) was very impressed with the shaped nappies DD had.

floopowder Mon 06-Aug-07 12:45:50

It's just that you lot are so over the top. it is never a problem to be sorted out on your own it a major disaster. Yeah I know that is why we are on this forum, but please it is about an arse covering, not the problems in darfur.

lillypie Mon 06-Aug-07 12:45:56

pmsl

IdrisTheDragon Mon 06-Aug-07 12:48:24

I'd say the same could be said about many topics discussed on mumsnet....

LizaRose Mon 06-Aug-07 12:49:48

I have just started buying reusable nappies as an adjunct to my DD's wardrobe. I enjoy putting her in pretty clothes, and now I can also use pretty nappies! I am glad to have been able to read all the nappy threads to give me ideas. So thanks guys.

floopowder Mon 06-Aug-07 12:54:46

Idris. I totally agree, for years I like everyone else, have replied to queries, laughed and cried along with posters. But, I am just getting to the point where I think mumsnet is getting a tiny bit silly (ooh that hurts to say), and please don't get me started on AIBU, because 90% of that I want to scream YES get a life.

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Aug-07 12:55:46

but isn't it great not to have to solve problems on our own, whether it's to do with nappies, breast feeding, travelling with children, or whatever? Isn't it handy having other people who might have more experience than you or different opinions?

Tis most useful I think.

preggersagain Mon 06-Aug-07 12:58:19

how's about you go and have a mn break? i think you need it. In the meantime we shall witter endlessly about nappies/prams/aibu/dh/fruit shoots, in fact whatever we like as its a public forum

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 06-Aug-07 13:10:21

So what aspects of parenting should we be talking about then, Floopowder?

nappyzone Mon 06-Aug-07 13:49:27

I am glad you loved terrys - alot of us on here do too, we also like pocket nappies and shaped nappies and all in ones and ones that are so pretty from different manufacturers and countries. Some of us love disposables and seek advise on a more reliable brand. Some on this section of the forum also come on to talk about potty training tips too and nappy rash etc. This is a parenting forum and the section is called Nappies, Potty training etc.. generally people on these threads want to talk about these types of issues with like minded people. Not to come on and brawl and 'shoot people down'. Maybe you should either take a break from mumsnet as suggested or ask them to make a special section for yourself so people can at will come shoot you down or whatever it is you are hoping to get from this post.

NotADragonOfSoup Mon 06-Aug-07 13:54:18

DD was in reusables, then she got terrible nappy rash. I moved back to disposables. The rash cleared up. End of story.

Or not, actually, because I'd really rather not clog up a landfill with nappies iof I don't have to so any suggestions on how to stop the rash would be fab. Except that would, according to you, be "up myself" so I guess I'll carry on with Pampers.

tassisssss Mon 06-Aug-07 13:55:02

What a bizarre OP...

BUT...I think I kind of get where you're coming from...i bought totsbots for ds, needed a few more for dd and used some terries as well as cost was big factor, 2 fluffles that are lovely and fluffy (strangely enough). Bought ME wraps for ds, needed few more for dd and was quite excited to get girly ones for a change.

But there is ends. No more purchasing. Don't get the oooh have to try out new nappies thing. Each to their own.

tassisssss Mon 06-Aug-07 13:58:16

NotaDragon - dd has reaction to cloth, yucky red skin but not typical rash. We find using a pampers a day (overnight) is sufficient to keep it at bay. Every so often I go back to cloth overnight but it comes back. I'll keep trying from time to time as I'm hoping she'll grow out of it. I figure one nappy a day going to landfill isn't bad and a packet lasts ages to not too expensive (do resent it when I have reusables and am washing anyway, but what else to do?). i assume you've tried fleece liners?

FlameBatfink Mon 06-Aug-07 17:19:36

LazyLineLegilimens Mon 06-Aug-07 17:23:07

The nappy section of MN is for talking about nappies, no?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now