Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Argh no pants are not your NAPPY.

(7 Posts)
bluebell1 Tue 31-Jul-07 14:02:22

Hi anyone got any tips.My ds aged 2.7 can use potty bare bottomed with no problems at all only took him a day to get hang of it.But using the potty when he has pants on is another matter.He still goes but doesnt pull his pants down just pees straight through them and as he has still managed to hit the pot he says "oh good boy.WELL DONE".

Meeely2 Tue 31-Jul-07 14:26:42

i think he is doing very well! at least he is sitting on the potty, he knows what it's for. Just a little more guidance from you about pulling pants down I think.

I have 2.7 twins, one of which takes himself to the potty for a wee and the other follows when he realises the first one is getting lots of praise for what he's just done.

They are in pants all day and as long as we keep asking and reminding them to go they are dry all day....boys can take ages to master it, so do not despair, just keep praising him and encouraging, the pant pulling down will follow soon I'm sure.

Biglips Tue 31-Jul-07 14:29:23

awww bless him!

im in the middle of potty training my DD which she is doing very well...you will have to remind him a bit, but i do believe boys takes longer to click on than girls - i really dont know why!...

Howdydoody Tue 31-Jul-07 14:29:49

bluebell i wish mine could master it in a day!! My girls all potty trained before they were 2, with my boys its another matter. I always guffawed when people said boys were harder to train than girls but i have found it so much harder. Or maybe im just getting worn out with age

bluebell1 Tue 31-Jul-07 14:39:10

Meely Ah how cute at twins playing follow the leader.Biglips i think you are so right about boys taking longer.All my friends that have girls have had few problems toilet training.I have two ds so wish me luck.

Biglips Tue 31-Jul-07 14:40:53

{{{{{{{{good luck}}}}}}}} bluebell1

bluebell1 Tue 31-Jul-07 14:43:12

Howdydoody.All it took was a minstrel or malteser for every pee in potty and a happy mummy saying well done.Although i stopped the sweet once he had got hang of it.Now im trying "you will get a sweet if those pants come down" but i think he has me sussed & is no longer interested in my bribery.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: