Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bambeasy??

(14 Posts)
rhead Mon 30-Jul-07 11:04:36

Anybody using these? I loved my Bumbles for ds (now just about potty trained, hooray!) and will be reusing them for dd when she's big enough (whoa that was a shocker at scan no. 2, no girls in dh's family for 3 generations!!)... but I gotta try a bamboo version. I know I won't need them for a year but my nappy buying frenzy is in full swing NOW, lol...

Bamboozles and Wam-Bamboos and all the others seem to be available everywhere I look, but nobody seems to be (re)selling Bambeasys (I'm a £5 per nappy kind of girl, hehe). Is that because they're too new or because no one who's bought them can bear to part with them? Just wondering...

MrsDoolittle Mon 30-Jul-07 11:12:44

I have bambeasys.
I used bumbles for dd and now I have bambesays for ds.
I have about 10, I send them to nursery in them and the staff like them. They are absolutely bombproof and very absorbant.

Can't recommend them highly enough. Bamboo is a bit soft for nippas though, so I use poppers.

MrsDoolittle Mon 30-Jul-07 11:14:28

Tryhere

rhead Mon 30-Jul-07 11:24:02

Ah yes - I like nippas myself and would be interested to hear if anyone's having problems with them gripping these nappies (evidently that was a problem with bamboozles). Did you try both MrsDoolittle?

twofalls Mon 30-Jul-07 11:31:31

I use nippas with mine and don't seem to have a problem.

MrsDoolittle Mon 30-Jul-07 11:56:32

It's the material, bamboo is very soft and as result the nippa would wreck them.
The esay peasy ladies who make the bambeasy will advise you the same.

You could use a nippa, it's just your nappies won't last as long

twofalls Mon 30-Jul-07 15:42:02

out of interest then Mrs Dolittle, do you know why they make them for nippas? Their website says available in popper or nippa fastening and doesn't say the nappies won't last so long with nippas

FlameParakeet Mon 30-Jul-07 18:38:44

I have bambeasys waiting to be added to the site If you wanna buy from an MNer then just gimme until the morning to add them.

I've not tried them yet though.

MrsDoolittle Mon 30-Jul-07 19:38:43

I couldn't tell you twofold. Maybe some people would rather use nippas regardless?
Maybe I've made a mistake?

claireybee Mon 30-Jul-07 20:28:49

I love bambeasys! and i have the nippa ones and have had no probs...doesn't seem to be destroying the fabric either but maybe thats a long term thing? I know the tots bamboozles didn't work as a nippa nappy but the bambeasy is a different fabric so maybe thats why..

MrsDoolittle Mon 30-Jul-07 21:33:45

Maybe it was my mistake.
Ring easy peasy and ask them, they are lovely ladies.

bookthief Mon 30-Jul-07 21:35:56

I've got secondhand nippa wambamboos and they're in perfect nick having been used on at least 2 babies so the fabric seems to cope ok?

FlameParakeet Tue 31-Jul-07 08:52:36

lmao, shows how well I know my stock - I already do sell em!!!

But only realised after that that you wanted re-sold. I can do a discount though.

I've never heard about the bamboo being too soft thing. Tots bamboo was felting, which was why the nippas weren't gripping. Most bamboo nappy makers have since changed fabric and there isn't the issue anymore.

rhead Tue 31-Jul-07 09:27:13

lol yeah i have already spent waaaaay too much on nappies to contemplate buying new... i'll take a look at your site tho flame!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now