Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Terries as night nappy - anyone done this?

(8 Posts)
mamawhyte Mon 30-Jul-07 08:05:45

I use Terry's/nature babies wrap and ella's house hemp/motherease wrap during the day and have always used disposables overnight as I haven't been able to trust cloth as a night time nappy (don't know why - somehow we managed it for hundreds of years before disposables were invented)!

I'm getting fed up with trying to find a disposable suitable for my daughter that doesn't leak at night. I want to use my cloth nappies but wondered if anyone had any hints and tips as to what to use to bulk them out. Would a terrys nappy need a lot of extra bulk to see her through the night? I have some washable wipes and muslins - are they the sort of things I could use? She can wear one for 5 hrs at a push during the day (not that this is a regulat occurence)! Do they wee less at night? She's 5 months old. Maybe I just need a night time wrap or something. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

NAB3 Mon 30-Jul-07 08:21:18

I used Mothercare terries with a Boots disposable booster pad and plastic pants at night until my son was about 2 and a half. Stopped as he got too big. never had any leaks. Since then I have found minki huggles. They are fantastic and one is practically falling apart and still hasn't leaked.

bagpuss Mon 30-Jul-07 08:32:21

We use a minki stuffable which I stuff with a flat terry and a tots bots booster and that sees ds2 (24 m) through the night with no probs.

MuminBrum Mon 30-Jul-07 08:35:03

I used two Motherease, one inside the other with a booster, and an airflow wrap, when DS was in his heavy-wetting phase. Never had a leak.

FlameParakeet Mon 30-Jul-07 09:15:10

Never gotten on as well as everyone else with minki huggles. You can use anything you like to bulk them out, obv some will be bulkier than others....

My current fave is a jam tots inside a quick flip. DS has a nasty habit lately of pooing at about 9pm, so that system means I just take off the jam tots and replace it (great containment so no leaking onto the other nappy), and then put the quick flip back over the top rather than boosting a whole new night nappy.

juuule Mon 30-Jul-07 10:24:34

I used Little Ewe terries or cotton Tots bots with no problems at all. Used Tots wraps when small and then Motherease wraps.
Minki Huggle didn't work that well for us. Too bulky.
Sometimes the more padding in the nappy it puts the wrap under a bit of strain and so it's difficult keeping the nappy snug in the wrap and then you could end up with leaks.

moljam Mon 30-Jul-07 10:40:38

i used terry in kite fold boosted with either tots fleece backed booster or another folded terry and either disana pullup wrap or totsbots fleece wrap.

Dodaday Mon 30-Jul-07 15:44:14

I use a terry nappy kite folded, boosted with another terry nappy pad folded as an insert, with a disposable nappy liner on top of that, with plastic pants put over the nappy. Never had a leak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now