Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone else with DS's had a younger one dry at night before teh oldest???

(7 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Sun 29-Jul-07 22:00:38

Just wondered really as DS1 will be 7 in September and is still wet EVERY morning.

- I vaguely remembered hearing him saying that he was going to the toilet when he came downstairs at 8am (I was flaked out on the sofa after having got up at 4.30am with DS3) - but assumed he hadn't gone as he still has his nappy on. However, when I looked properly at how it was done up (As he was about to get dressed) I realised he'd taken it off and put it back on himself.. the nappy was bone dry - so he'd had a "dry night".

When I gently suggested to him tonight that he see if he can do another one he was REALLY excited and seemed to be really up for it.

DS1 on the otherhand doesn't seem to care - if we offer him something really good for a dry night 9/10 he'll do it, but otherwise he can't be bothered (and he's admitted seperately to both DH and I that he just can't be botehred to climb out of bed to use the toilet......).....

Jas Sun 29-Jul-07 22:02:41

DD2 was dry in the night before dd1. No ds's here out of nappies yet.

Jas Sun 29-Jul-07 22:02:41

DD2 was dry in the night before dd1. No ds's here out of nappies yet.

cba Sun 29-Jul-07 22:03:16

If he is wetting out of laziness and not wanting to get out of bed, I would take the nappy off him. If he needs the nappy because he has not got the control yet, then I would leave him with his nappy all children are different.

ds1 was dry by 4.6yrs, ds2 is now 4.6yrs but still soaks his nappy.

TheQueenOfQuotes Sun 29-Jul-07 22:06:07

cba - he refuses to wear a nappy of any type and the extra large are too small for him now anyhow.......(so yes I'm washing sheets everyday ).

We do get him up just before we go to bed to use the toilet - and if he's already wet he just climbs back into bed and goes to sleep - on the wet sheets!!

whoopsfallenoveragain Sun 29-Jul-07 22:16:27

dd 3 was dry at night at about 2.5 yrs ds nearly 6 is no where near being dry at night

TheQueenOfQuotes Sun 29-Jul-07 22:25:28

that's interesting to know.

Actually I feel a bit bad about it - as there's been a few times recently DS2 has announced in the morning "I had a dry night" - and we've smiled and said "well done darling" (as of course his bed was dry).....but now I'm wondering if he's been waking up in the morning with the odd dry nappy.....I shall monitor closely over the next few days and see how he goes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: